Living in the parts of Mediterranean Basin that has a cold weather has its perks especially when you are into growing perennial plants and vegetables that has many health benefits like the Artichoke Green Globe. The health benefits of Artichoke Green Globe are wide-ranging as well, this is aside from being an attractive flower and vegetable. But, it also has some other amazing effects on the body.
Attractive Appearance with Many Health benefits
Table of Contents
Aside from the health benefits of Artichoke Green Globe, it is sometimes sold as ornamentals because it looks like a flower that has a huge head. Others use it as a decoration because of its pretty appearance. The diameter of the flower is about 5 inches and about 4 feet in height. The bud of the flower looks like an arranged triangles that are compacted with one another.
It is known by its scientific name Cynara cardunculus var scolymus and was produced in England in the 16th century and in North America in the 19th century.
Because of the health benefits of Artichoke Green Globe, it has been popular in many countries especially in the Europe continent including Italy and Spain.
The Artichoke Green Globe’s leaves are beneficial as herbal medicines. Other use the extract of the leaves while others choose to dry it. The heart of the Artichoke Green Globe is most beneficial in preparing foods.
There are varieties of Artichoke Green Globe based on their colors. You can eat it by steaming or by even wholly. But others only prefer the heart of the Artichoke Green Globe.
Astonishing Health Benefits Of Artichoke Green Globe
The flower heads of Artichoke Green Globe contain the most antioxidants compared to all other vegetables. Thus, it is believed to prevent cancer. These antioxidants help to improve the appearance of the skin.it makes our skin younger looking and smoother.
Artichoke Green Globe has a low level of calories and fats so it is good for your diet.
- Dietary Fiber
It also has dietary fiber that helps patients suffering from constipation and the process of digestion. In addition to that, the dietary fiber minimizes the risk of developing colon cancer by fighting toxic substances.
- Folic Acid
Artichoke Green Globe is rich in folic acid that is good for pregnant women because it helps with the development of the fetus.
- Vitamin C
It also contains Vitamin C that is good for the immune system of the body and makes us resistant to common colds and flu.
- Vitamin K
Artichoke Green Globe is good for the bone because it provides enough Vitamin K that helps with the development of bones. It could also help with treating Alzheimer’s disease.
It is good for metabolism. Artichoke Green Globe contains vitamins that are essential for the functions of metabolism like Niacin and Thiamin.
Artichoke Green Globe is proven to have compounds that can detoxify and improve the functions of our liver organs and our kidneys. It is also useful in treating hangover.
- Potassium, Copper, Iron, and Phosphorus
Artichoke Green Globe is an abundant source of minerals, especially Potassium which helps with the healthy maintenance of heart and blood pressure. There are also copper and Iron that helps with the production and synthesis of red blood cells. And Phosphorus which is very important and needed by the brain and cognitive function.
Other Health Benefits of Artichoke Green Globe
According to studies, Artichoke Green Globe improves the symptoms of bloating, also known as Dyspepsia. Some say that drinking Artichoke Green Globe helps to keep the level of cholesterol low.
Artichoke Green Globe and Its Other Effects on the Body
Although there are many health benefits of Artichoke Green Globe we get from the vegetable, according to some studies, there are a few side effects of eating Artichoke Green Globe. They’re the following:
- Liver disease and gallbladder disease: People with these diseases should observe the reactions of their body while they take the Artichoke Green Globe herb. Because the herb stimulates the bile that is in the gallbladder, it affects the liver.
- Allergy: Patients who have allergy on other leaf extracts should observe the signs especially itching and difficulty in breathing. And it should be treated immediately.
- Diuretic Effects: Since Artichoke Green Globe stimulates the kidney, it causes often urination.
- Breastfeeding: Artichoke Green Globe is not yet confirmed to be healthy for the babies who are being breastfed by the mothers.
- Bile Duct Blockage: According to research, Artichoke Green Globe increases the bile flow thus it also blocks the bile duct.
- Intestinal Gas: It was reported by consumers that they experienced symptoms of having intestinal gas. Patients should minimize the intake of Artichoke Green Globe.
- Rash and Redness: According to testers who try applying it on their skin experienced symptoms of rashes, redness, and swelling but it eventually subsides after a couple of hours.