There are millions of people who are being deprived of having their own freedom, having their own dreams, and the right to live. It may sound cliché and unreal, but he is actually true. And those who experience this condition are the victims of gout. This condition may really cause some severe effects on those who have it. It may cause them to not have a normal life anymore, depriving them to do what they want to do. Hence, the treatments for gout is very important –to be able to get rid of this filthy condition and to make the life we have worth living. To learn more about this condition, give this article a read.
What is Gout?
Table of Contents
This is a disease that is characterized by the irregular metabolism of the uric acid. This may result in the uric acid in the blood and ties. Those who have this condition may either produce an excessive amount of uric acid. Furthermore, more commonly, their kidneys tend to be incapable of removing the uric acid. There are actually various possible consequences in the buildup of uric acid in the body. This includes the chronic and acute gouty arthritis, local bonds of tophi or uric acid, as well as kidney stones in the skin and some other tissues.
Gout may be caused by an excessive amount of uric acid in the body’s bloodstream and in the buildup of uric acid rock crystals in the body tissues. The deposits of uric acid crystal in the body’s joints may cause inflammation resulting in pain, swelling, heat, and redness.
The condition may occur alone. However, sometimes it comes with some other medical conditions. Gout’s occurrence now appears to increase. In fact, in some countries, there are about more than 6 million people who experience it.
Types of Gout
Here are various types of gouts:
- Pseudogout: this is one of those conditions that people confused with gout. This is since they have similar symptoms. However, the major difference between them is that the pseudogout requires far way different treatments than that of the gouts.
- Chronic tophaceous gout: if this particular stage or type of gout is not treated immediately may cause some serious effects. This is actually the most devastating type of gout.
- Intercritical or interval gout: when this particular type or stage of gout is not treated immediately, it may last longer and the worse, it may reoccur more often.
- Acute gout: the flares or sudden attacks in this type of gout may sometimes be caused by various stressful events, drugs, as well as alcohol. Furthermore, cold weather is also a factor to be seen.
- Asymptomatic hyperuricimia: people who have this particular condition may get an advise that they must take some precautions to address the condition that may contribute to the build-up of uric acid.
Gout: What causes it?
The condition is caused by an excessive amount of uric acid in the body, or specifically in the bloodstream. Furthermore, it may also be because of the accumulation of uric acid crystals in the tissues of the body. When the uric acid crystal deposits into the joints, it causes an inflammation in it causing pain to those who experience it.
Gout: Hereditary factors affecting it
Here are some of the hereditary factors that may lead to gout:
- Hereditary organ problems: various health problems including obesity, diabetes, as well as organ failure may cause the onset of gout.
- Lesch-Nyhan syndrome: this genetic syndrome may result in the increase of synthesis and may reduce the purine usage. Furthermore, this particular condition may also increase the risk or onset of gout.
- Inherited diet preference: the genes help dictate the preferences. This includes how you chose a particular food to eat. For instance, if your father eats food that may cause in the uprising of the uric acid, then there is a big chance that diet preference may become the same. Thus, there is a bigger chance that you’ll both suffer from gout.
The condition usually becomes more symptomatic even without showing any warnings or indications. It often occurs in the middle of the night. The major symptoms of gout actually include immense joint pain, redness, and inflammation. Frequently, the condition mainly affects the large joint of big toes. However, it may affect the fingers, wrists, elbow, knees, and ankles as well.
The pain that it may bring can be very excruciating. Hence, this condition truly needs to be treated well and immediately.
Gout: Prevention Tips
Here is some healthy lifestyle that may be beneficial for the condition:
- Maintain healthy body weight
- Avoid consuming alcohol
- Maintain high consumption of fluid (approx. 2 to 4 litters per day)
Treatments for Gout
It is very important to avoid purine-rich foods when having the treatments for gout and when getting rid of the condition. This is to ensure that uric acid levels in the blood do not get any higher. Here are some of the most efficient treatments for gout: