Onions are the most versatile of all vegetables used in many foods across the world. This flavoursome and pungent smelling vegetable is the life of many dishes. They might bring tears to one’s eyes but are irresistible at the same time. This wonderful vegetable can be served raw sliced in salads and sandwiches or else may be roasted and added to curries and soups. Their usefulness is not only proven in the culinary world but also recognized in the medicinal world. They contain numerous nutrients which offer long-term health benefits.
Onions contain Isoalliin as the active ingredient along with dipropyl and methyl propyl di, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, potassium, chromium, folate, phosphorous, dietary fibres, quercetin, flavonoids, and copper. Isoalliin is a phytonutrient compound present in onions that causes the eyes to burn while cutting onions. Isoalliin generated when the sulphur compounds released by the ruptured cells of onion come in contact with air. Onion is rich in sulphur compounds containing about 100 of them. The presence of these compounds provides many health benefits. Here Some of the Health Benefits of Onion Juice discussed below.
Health Benefits Of Onion juice.
1. Isoalliin compounds present in the onions which make onion juice has been recognized to prevent the biochemical chain that leads to respiratory diseases like asthma and respiratory congestion.
2. Onion juice has been proved to be beneficial in providing anti-proliferation protection against colon cancer cells while the yellow shallots provide immunity from liver cancer cells.
3. Onions juice is a rich source of phenolic compounds. Likewise, they are also a source of Quercetin, a flavonoid which used as a nutritional supplement for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
4. Some studies have claimed that onion juice also has anti-microbial properties offering resistance to bacteria, fungi, and parasites.
5. Onion juice has excellent hypoglycemic properties and also the capacity to decrease platelet aggregation. The anti-oxidant properties of onion and onion extracts also make them beneficial against cancers by inhibiting the mutation processes that trigger cancer and preventing cell proliferation of colon, kidney and liver cancer.
6. Amino acids and s-methyl cysteine sulfoxide present in onion juice provide onions with anti-diabetic effects.
7. Onion juice also helps to maintain healthy bones in women aged 50 years & above, especially after menopause and also Garlic sauce which is a product of onion juice is a long-term best natural sustenance wellspring of germanium. Containing around 750 sections for each million. It additionally is by all accounts preferred at concentrating selenium over most different foods grown from the ground, providing 20 micrograms per100g. The correct amount of these components will rely on upon where your garlic juice produced as some soils have wealthier supplies than others. Both germanium and selenium are thought to be important cancer prevention agents.
8. Onion Juice has been in use as a drug for approximately 5,000 years. Onion juice assists in digestive tracks in one’s body.
Therefore Onion juice has much importance in health because of reduced the cholesterol level, hypertension and also lessening the chance of heart disease, reducing the blood sugar level, preventing cancer in the formation of a tumour, improving lungs functionalities especially in asthmatics and many others as discussed in this article. Finally, onion juice is the best juice when it comes to health benefits.