One of the deadliest illnesses in this world is diabetes. A lot of cases of this condition has already been recorded all over the world. Furthermore, this is the reasons why many professionals are looking for the most effective and most efficient treatments for diabetes. This is not just for them but for the betterment of the health of those who are experiencing the condition. Having enough knowledge and understanding of the condition may enlighten us in preventing eh onset or treating the condition. if you want to know more about the said condition, feel free to read this article.
Diabetes: What is this condition?
Table of Contents
Diabetes or what they often call, diabetes mellitus actually refers to the group of diseases, which may affect how the body uses the glucose or the blood sugar. We know that glucose is very important for the health, since it is a very significant source of energy for the cells, which make up the tissues and muscles of the body. Furthermore, it is also the main fuel of the brain to perform all its functions.
Having diabetes, whatever type it means that you have an excessive amount of glucose in your blood. This is even though the cases may differ. An excessive amount of glucose in the blood may result in much more serious problems.
The chronic diabetes conditions may include the type 1 and type 2 diabetes, which will be discussed below.
The symptoms of diabetes may vary depending on the amount of elevation the blood sugar has. Some people, specifically those with type 2 diabetes may not observe some initial symptoms. On the other hand, in the type 1 diabetes, the symptoms may come on very quick and may become more severe.
Here are some of the signs and symptoms of type 1 and type 2 diabetes:
- Frequent infections like skin infections, vaginal infections, as well as gums
- Sores that heal slowly
- Blurred vision
- Appearance of ketones in the urine
- Weight loss that is hard to explain
- Extreme feeling of hunger
- Frequent urination
- Increased thirst
Aside from the common type 1 and type 2 diabetes, there is another type of diabetes – gestational diabetes. Below is a more detailed description of these types of diabetes:
- Type 1 diabetes: those who have this type of diabetes must take insulin injections forever. Furthermore, ensuring the proper levels of blood-glucose is also needed. This type of diabetes may develop before the age of 40.
- Type 2 diabetes: 90 percent of the cases of diabetes all over the world falls under this type of diabetes. Those who are obese and overweight are the ones that are at more risk in type 2 diabetes. Moreover, aging is also a factor to be seen in the onset or development of the condition.
- Gestational diabetes: this particular type of diabetes mainly affects those pregnant women. This is since there are some women who have high levels of glucose with them, and they are unable to yield enough insulin for the transportation of glucose to the cells.
The causes of the condition depend on what type of diabetes it is.
- Type 1 diabetes: this is caused by the genes and various environmental factors like viruses, which may trigger the condition.
- Type 2 diabetes: there are various factors that cause the condition. they are as follows:
- Family history
- Insulin resistance
- Physical inactivity
- Gestational diabetes: this type of diabetes usually occurs in pregnant women. Moreover, this is mainly caused by the hormonal changes in the body as well as some lifestyle and genetic factors.
Diabetic Eye Disease: What is this?
Diabetic retinopathy or diabetic eye is an eye condition that is associated with diabetes. This is commonly the destruction of the eye’s retina and this may lead to total blindness. Because of too much sugar in the blood vessel, the blood vessels may get traffic. Once the glucose or the sugar piles up into the eyes, the blood flow will stop. Furthermore, the blood vessel may also get damaged and may then leak.
This condition that comes with diabetes is a serious condition as well. thus reversing it is very significant. However, this is not an easy thing to do. However, with the proper discipline in yourself and the proper treatments for diabetes, you’ll be able to treat it, together with some other conditions that come with it.
Treatments for Diabetes
The main goal of the treatments for diabetes, whatever type it is to control the blood sugar levels into its normal state. This is of course, with minimal excursions. Below are the treatments for diabetes in both the type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
- Type 1 diabetes:
- A special diet for type 1 diabetes
- Healthy exercise
- Insulin injection
- Type 2 diabetes:
- Insulin injection(when the oral medications become ineffective)
- Oral medications
- Healthy exercise
- A special diet for type 2 diabetes
- Weight loss