We know that Chile is one of the most wonderful countries in the world. It is one of the best tourist destinations for tourists all over the world. What makes it more astounding is all the mesmerizing qualities that it has. As a matter of fact, in almost all the roads in Chile, you can see an overgrowth of bushes, which has very appealing purple berries. You will see these almost everywhere because these are over the hills, along with the roads and highways and clustered near the forests. Those are the Maqui berries. These berries are very abundant in the country of Chile even without cultivating it because these are extensively available in the wild. But, did you know that this berry can be used in losing weight? You got it right, maqui berry for weight loss is a thing. Read on to learn more!
Maqui Berry: What is this?
Table of Contents
Maqui berry is also known as Maquei, Chilean blackberry, Chilean wineberry, and Wineberry. This is inherent to the ancient temperate rainforest on the Southern Chile’s coast that extends to the Patagonian Argentina.
The tree is evergreen, thin trunked and dioecious that grows from 4 to 5 meters high and elevations that is up to 2500 meters. The small flowers that have the white color bloom from September to December. Furthermore, the berries are 4 to 5 mm in diameters that have a color which ranges from the dark red to deep purple. It has a sweet and pleasant taste.
The rich color of it is featured to anthocyanin that acts as a powerful antioxidant. The fruit’s pigment is used in order to promote the organic food colorants and the color of red wine. The plants prefer a well-drained soil and protection against the color drying winds in full sun. the soil has to be slightly acidic with a moderate fertility.
This berry is really one of the berries that give nutrients. Some of which are actually beneficial for the benefit of maqui berry for weight loss. Below is the list of the nutrients one can get from Maqui berry:
- Protein – 5.15 grams
- Carbohydrates – 74.97 grams
- Dietary Fiber – 46.30 grams
- Total Sugars – 24.23 grams
- Total Fat – 7.63 grams
- Saturated Fat – 1.09 grams
- Vitamin C – 2.553 grams
- Vitamin E – 751 IU
- Potassium – 763 milligrams
- Calcium – 255 milligrams
- Sodium – 24 milligrams
- Iron – 7.7 milligrams
- Calories – 389
Below is the list of the traditional uses for this variety of berry:
- Use the water infusion that is prepared from leaves and berries internally for intestinal, digestive purposes, inflammation and also kidney paints.
- The poultice made from leaves can be used as anti-tumor, anti-pyretic and analgesic properties.
- The plant is astringent, poultice and febrifuge.
- Leaves infusion can be used by gargling it in the case of the inflammation of oropharyngeal mucosa.
- The Maqui berry rejuvenates the cells as well as ward off the toxins and chemical.
- The fruits can be used externally to treat the infected wounds.
- It is used to treat ulcers and hemorrhoids.
- It is used to treat throat infections and intestinal tumors.
Maqui Berry for Weight Loss: Is it really effective?
The organic maqui berry has now become one of the most popular power food that may offer you a lot of amazing health benefits when you add it in your diet. One of these benefits is losing weight.Just like with most things, it is just about looking for the right balance. In terms of losing weight, it is just about finding the proper balance in between the right supplement, regular exercise, reducing stress, and proper diet.
Furthermore, there are also some so-called miracle foods or pills that people take in order to lose weight, which is in fact, significant to the health or doesn’t really have any positive effects on the health. This is what separates maqui berry from the pack. If you are going to take maqui berry, in whatever form, you are, in fact, taking something that is not just good for in losing weight, but also good for the overall health status. There are also some maqui berry supplements, which has antioxidants in it that are essential in removing the free radicals and waste that may damage the cells.
Avoid eating too much unhealthy foods, take proper, healthy diet, and take maqui berry to lose weight in a good way. Not just that, this will also be beneficial in improving your overall health status. Try adding maqui berry in your diet and experience the change.
Other Benefits of Maqui Berry
Aside from the aforementioned benefit of maqui berry for weight loss, here are some other benefits of maqui berry to the health:
- A younger skin. Various conditions and diseases like the premature aging are effects of the free radicals.
- It helps in losing weight. Maqui berry is also popular as slimming fruit for the reason that it contains a low amount of calories and it is also valuable in counteracting the fat cells.
- It helps in making the eyes healthy. Maqui berry is helpful in alleviating the dry eyes. It supports the natural tear production and lowers the light-induced damage to tear glans.
- It helps in making the heart healthy. Heart attack, hardening of the arteries and stroke are the possible effects of the cholesterol oxidation in the blood.
- It helps in treating diabetes. Maqui berry is popular because it possesses anti-diabetes Studies have shown that this berry is helpful the balance of the glucose in the blood.