Have you already heard of the eucalyptus? If you did, then you are just like most of the people all over the world. This plant has an amazing oil that can be beneficial for the overall health. Furthermore, the health benefits of eucalyptus are all unbelievable and surprising. In fact, the health benefits of eucalyptus include getting rid of the bacterial infection, eliminating inflammation, and lowering the blood sugar levels. Moreover, it also helps in easing anxiety and stress, protecting the skin health, strengthening the immunity, and boosting the respiratory health. There are actually more to this amazing oil than those benefits. If you want to know more about it, continue reading on to this article.
What is Eucalyptus?
Table of Contents
The eucalyptus refers to the large kind of a flowering tree that has about 700 species. Furthermore, most of the species of which are in New Zealand and in Australia. This is even though some of the more extensive species of the plant is in Southeast Asia. Most of the species of the eucalyptus range from the size of a small plant through a flowering tree that is medium in size. However, all the species have one thing in common –their leaves, which contains oil glands. This oil is where the health benefits of the eucalyptus are obtained.
Because of the various uses of the eucalyptus, the plant has been established in some other temperate and tropical regions all throughout the world. However, it is also a major trade of the regions in the Pacific. Surprisingly, even though the plant isn’t that endemic in South America, they still utilize it. The plant has been used for about a thousand years now by some indigenous people.
Now, let’s proceed to the oil part of the eucalyptus plant.
What is Eucalyptus Oil?
The Eucalyptus oil is actually an ingredient, which can have comprehensive effects on the overall health of a certain person. This surprisingly amazing oil actually comes from the eucalyptus tree’s dried leaves. These leaves from the tree go through steaming and distillation to turn it into an oil. the eucalyptus oil is actually colorless with a sweet and strong woody scent.
In today’s day and time, there is about 5 percent of eucalyptus oil that comes from the country Of Australia. China, on the other hand, contributes about the 95 percent remaining. The eucalyptus oil is beneficial for the betterment of the overall health.
Health Benefits of Eucalyptus
Here are some of the most amazing health benefits of eucalyptus:
Aromatherapy. Inhaling the eucalyptus oil may serve as an aromatherapy, thus relaxing the body.
Helps in treating inflammation. Since the eucalyptus is a natural anti-inflammatory plant, it is beneficial and effective in treating inflammation. Moreover, it may also help in protecting the heart and reducing the risk of atherosclerosis.
Helps I controlling diabetes. This is one of the best health benefits of the eucalyptus. Research suggests that the leaves of the eucalyptus can be brewed into a tea. This will then be an effective treatment for diabetes. Furthermore, if you don’t have the illness yet, the eucalyptus tea is beneficial in preventing its onset.
Helps in the skin care. The antibacterial properties of the eucalyptus help in protecting the health of the skin. you can use the leaves of the eucalyptus tree and rub it on your skin –this will quickly fix your skin. furthermore, you can also drink the eucalyptus tea or use its oil to treat various illnesses on the skin.
Helps in reducing anxiety and stress. The soothing effect and the natural sedative of the eucalyptus help in relieving stress and anxiety. In this particular health benefit, the tea is the most recommended.
Helps in boosting the immunity. In this particular health benefits of eucalyptus, the tea is in the center –not the oil. Various studies suggest that the eucalyptus tea helps in protecting the body against various bacterial infections.
Helps in improving the respiratory health. The eucalyptus oil has been effectively used in treating various respiratory ailments. Specifically in the removal of catarrh from the respiratory areas. The active ingredients present in the oil actually acts as expectorants, getting rid of the excess mucus and phlegm from the respiratory tracts and the sinuses as well.
Uses of the Eucalyptus
The eucalyptus tree can be useful in many ways, in fact, here are some of its uses:
Wood and paper source. The eucalyptus tree is a fast-growing tree, which is valuable as a good source of paper and wood.
Eucalyptus leaves. The eucalyptus leaves are the ones that are brewed to make teas. This is beneficial in treating various illnesses. The leaves are a very important source of food for some animals in New Zealand and in Australia.
Eucalyptus oil. This most probably is the most helpful product that is from the eucalyptus tree. However, by certain cultures, the bark and the leaves of the tree are also priced higher.