Have you heard of the VLCD or Very Low Calorie Diet before? Well, this is a type of diet that is often called as the 500 to 800 calorie diet. This is actually a special diet, which is thought to be beneficial in losing weight. Give this article a read and get to know more about the effects of Very Low Calorie Diet for weight loss. Worry less, because you will be learning a lot of reliable facts on this. So, sit back, relax, and enjoy the read!
Very Low Calorie Diet: What is this?
Table of Contents
The Very Low Calorie Diet, as aforementioned earlier, is actually 500 to 800 Cal. diet. Furthermore, it is a special diet that swaps one or two of the meals with smoothies or liquid shakes. According to the NIDDK, a Very Low Calorie Diet may be beneficial in losing 3 to 5 pounds every week. In the actual fact, a discovery study done by scientists from Newcastle University suggests that the Very Low Calorie Diet may be beneficial in reversing the effects of type 2 diabetes.
Moreover, not just that, a supervised Very Low Calorie Diet may also help in lowering the blood pressure as well as the bad cholesterol. Not just that, it is also beneficial in protecting the heart. Nevertheless, is Very Low Calorie Diet for everyone? You will know the answer later!
Very Low Calorie Diet for Weight Loss: How does it help?
A Very Low Calorie Diet is beneficial in lowering the blood sugar level, cleanses the body, as well as improve the insulin sensitivity. Therefore, doubling the fat loss in just a short amount of time. After the research of the scientists from Newcastle University proving that Very Low Calorie Diet may reverse type 2 diabetes in a human, scientists from the Yale University researched on the way of how the Very Low Calorie Diet helps in reversing the condition. Moreover, they found various significant proof, they are as follows:
- VLCD helps reduce gluconeogenesis. The gluconeogenesis is actually the biochemical pathway, which leads to the sugar synthesis. Through the reduction of the gluconeogenesis, the body will be able to lower the levels of sugar in the blood and prevent the accumulation of the excess sugar in fat form.
- VLCD helps improve the insulin sensitivity. The improvement of the insulin sensitivity may be beneficial in taking up the glucose from our bloodstream and make use of it as an energy source. This may increase the levels of satiety, prevents gaining weight, and lower the food intake.
- VLCD helps lower the plasma glucose. Using Very Low Calorie Diet may help in lowering the blood sugar levels. When the blood sugar levels are low, the cells may less likely to store the unused glucose as a fat.
Ways a Very Low Calorie Diet Help in Losing Weight
Here are various ways on which a Very Low Calorie Diet aids in the weight loss:
- Helps in improving the gut health. Substituting one to two meals a day may help in improving the gut health. It is beneficial in cleaning the colon; improve the digestion as well as the absorption. Not just that, it is also beneficial in relieving constipation. When the gut starts to function ordinarily, the metabolic rate will have a boost. Furthermore, it will also help you in converting the extra calories into an energy
- Helps in detoxifying the body. Following a Very Low Calorie Diet will mean replacing the solid type of meal with a liquid kind of What’s the greatest part in here is that the liquid that you will replace the solid ones may help in detoxifying the body due to their rich antioxidant properties.
- Helps you to consume healthier foods. Healthy foods that are cooked very well are flavorful and rich in nutrients. Moreover, they are also beneficial in keeping the calorie consumption low. You will also experience weight loss, even without compromising the health.
- Low calorie intake. As its name suggests, Very Low Calorie Diet is very low in calories. If you consume fewer calories, the chances of storing excess calories are being reduced. This will lead to weight loss.
It is very clear that Very Low Calorie Diet for weight loss is really beneficial. Nevertheless, is it really for everyone who wishes to lose weight? Continue reading to know!
Very Low Calorie Diet: Who Should Take It?
The Very Low Calorie Diet isn’t destined for everyone. It must be done under the supervision of a specialist. You can only do it if you meet the following qualifications:
- Your obesity’s already threatening you.
- The body mass index is above 30.
- You’re not capable of losing weight to any further extent.
- You have started already with Very Low Calorie Diet, following a healthy lifestyle by eating healthy foods and exercising regularly.
There you go, you now know what you need to know about the effects of Very Low Calorie Diet for weight loss. Talk to your specialist before you start following this diet and lead a happy and stress-free life!