Are you familiar with boysenberries? Well, it’s not a shock if you are going to answer –no. This is since the boysenberries are not regularly stocked in the local grocery stores. But you know what, this fruit is worth seeking for. Not just that it tastes deliciously good, it is also truly a home for so many benefits. In fact, the health benefits of boysenberry are extravagant and are all for the betterment of the overall health. So, if you want to know more about this amazing fruit, feel free to give this article a read.
What is Boysenberry?
The boysenberry is an edible fruit, which comes from many of the species of the Rubus genus. Furthermore, it is also part of the family of Rosaceae. Moreover, this type of berry commonly grows on low and trailing plants. These are characterized by its soft feel, sweet-tart flavor, as well as thin skins. Moreover, the mature fruits of the boysenberry may leak very easily, and it may start to perish within just a few days after it is harvested.
Boysenberries are some kind of berries that are in purple-blue color. Also, the size of it is large. Furthermore, this juicy berry is actually a cross between the Pacific berry, Loganberry, and the European berry. The taste of the boysenberry is a bit tangy. Furthermore, it may be enjoyed as whole fruit, or as a syrup, sauces, jellies, jams, and so on and so forth.
Not only that it can be jams or jellies, it can also be utilized in desserts and smoothies yo give more taste to it. Furthermore, you may also enjoy it in yogurt to give additional sweet tartness. Thus making any recipe even more mouthwatering and tempting. Not only that it is delightful, the boysenberries are also home to a number of vitamins and minerals as well.
While it may not be regularly available in your local groceries, it is still worth seeking out. This is because that the berries are a good source of potassium and vitamin C. Not only that, they also possess a number of essential minerals as well as vitamins. Moreover, the way you purchase the berry influences the nutrients it has. Frozen or fresh boysenberries are far way more nutritious than those that are in the cans in heavy syrup. This is because they have lesser sugar content than the other.
Nutrition Facts of Boysenberries
Here is what’s inside the boysenberries:
- Carbohydrates: there are approximately 35 grams of carbohydrates in a single serving of boysenberry. Furthermore, 25 grams are dietary fibers and the rest are sugar.
- Fats: the fruit has almost a gram of fats per servings of it. Most of these fats are unsaturated variety, thus it does not increase the level of bad cholesterol in the system.
- Proteins: most of the proteins in the boysenberry are important amino acids, which are important to consume externally. Moreover, these are already enough in meeting the 6% of daily needs of proteins.
- Vitamins: the high vitamins content of the boysenberries are beneficial for the betterment of the health. In fact, it is rich in vitamin A, vitamin K, as well as vitamin C. Not only that, it also contains vitamin B6, vitamin E, niacin, as well as thiamine. Furthermore, it also has a relative amount of pantothenic acid and riboflavin.
- Calories: the standard serving of unsweetened berries has about 142 calories. Moreover, 126 of which are mostly sugar, 10 are from proteins, and 6 are from fats.
Here are a more detailed nutritional fact of boysenberry:
|Total Carbohydrates||16.1 grams|
|Dietary fiber||7 grams|
|Total fat||0.3 grams|
|Polyunsaturated fat||0.2 grams|
|Monounsaturated fat||0 gram|
|Trans fat||0 gram|
|Saturated fat||0 gram|
|Vitamin C||4.09 milligrams|
|Vitamin D||0 IU|
|Vitamin E||1.15 milligrams|
|Vitamin A||88.44 IU|
Health Benefits of Boysenberry
Here are some of the most staggering as well as the most amazing health benefits of boysenberry:
- Helps in treating digestive problems. Boysenberry is effective in relieving constipation and some other digestive problems. Moreover, it is also beneficial in getting rid of various disturbances in the digestive system.
- Helps in preventing diabetes and kidney stones. The rich vitamin K content of boysenberry are beneficial in preventing kidney stones. Furthermore, it is also beneficial in preventing diabetes.
- Helps in boosting the vision and heart. The rich content of vitamin C in boysenberry are beneficial in boosting the immunity, thus reducing the risks of any cardiovascular illnesses. Not just that, it also helps in averting any vision-related problems.
- Helps in preventing cancer and tumors. The anti-inflammatory properties of boysenberry are what helps in fighting off tumors in the esophagus as well as in the colon. Furthermore, this is one of the best health benefits of boysenberry.
- Helps in making the brain healthy. The natural, as well as the powerful antioxidant properties of boysenberries, are what makes it beneficial in improving the brain health.
The next time you want to eat a new food, you can try this delightful and nutritious boysenberry! Furthermore, you can visit the stores near you, you may just find one there!