Do you know what is ghee? Are you aware of the possible health benefits it may give you? Well, if you are well aware of it, then you are so lucky. Why? Because the health benefits of ghee are all so amazing and are all for the betterment of the overall health. Even though ghee is a bit unhealthy when you don’t control your consumption, the pure ghee still comes with a lot of amazing health benefits, which make it very healthy. So if you want to know more and dig deeper about this clarified butter or ghee, then give this article a read.
Ghee: What is this?
Table of Contents
One of the most beloved types of food in the whole wide world might be butter. This is since it is capable of making almost everything taste so good. However, there are more delicious alternatives to it. Furthermore, some of which may have been in existence for so many years now.
Furthermore, ghee is a clarified type of butter, which means it has been cooked into a particular concentrate, and its residue has already been removed. The only substance that remained is essentially a pure mixture of fats. This is with no milk residue at all, meaning, it doesn’t need to be refrigerated. Moreover, the ghee may last for months, and in fact, it may also last for years, even without refrigerating it. This is what makes it very popular all throughout the history. This is even before the modern times, as well as in refrigeration.
Even though it is originally from India, it is also common in various countries, mainly in Asia, various parts of Africa, and all throughout the subcontinent of India. Moreover, ghee has a flavorful and unique aroma and taste, which makes it different from the butter. However, you may use it in almost all of the same ways.
Moreover, butter may be very dangerous because of it having high levels of fat, and the ghee is not exempted. In the actual fact, ghee is a pure fat, hence, there’s only a very small amount of it that you must consume. Otherwise, it may cause various negative effects on your health. If you eat it in moderation, ghee may provide the body with higher levels of some other essential nutrients, which are not actually available in butter.
Nutritional Value of Ghee
The health benefits of ghee come from the nutrients it has. Ghee has a high amount of fats and is capable of providing an extra dose of fat-soluble vitamins. These include vitamin K, vitamin E, and vitamin A.
A tablespoon of ghee butter may have:
- Vitamin K: 1 micrograms
- Vitamin E: 4 milligrams
- Fiber: 0 grams
- Vitamin A: 391 IU
- Fat: 7 grams
- Protein: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 0 grams
- Calories: 112
Health Benefits of Ghee
Here are some of the health benefits of ghee:
- Helps in boosting the immunity: the butyric acid (the most significant element in ghee) is beneficial in stimulating the production of T-cell, which is beneficial in boosting the immune system. Thus making ghee beneficial in supercharging the immunity in addition to all of its health benefits.
- Helps in taking care of the eyes: there is a significant level of vitamin A in ghee, which makes it essential in protecting the eyes. Furthermore, the carotenoids in it are also antioxidants, which specialize in the elimination and in neutralizing the free radicals in the body, which attack the cells in the eyes. Therefore, it helps in preventing the onset of macular degeneration, as well as the development of cataracts.
- Helps in eliminating the free radicals: the vitamin A and the power of carotenoids as a free radical eliminator is essential for the body’s function of eliminating free radicals. Furthermore, due to these, ghee is a powerful tool in preventing cancer.
- Helps in reducing inflammation: the butyric acid in ghee are essential in reducing inflammation. In fact, research suggests butyric acid in the ghee is beneficial in reducing the effect of inflammation in whatever parts of the body.
- Good for the heart health: even though most of the people think butter as a contributor of fat, the rich content of fats in ghee may help in providing a healthy boost to the heart. Moreover, the omega-3 fatty acids in it are also beneficial in reducing the levels of bad cholesterol and provide an amazing energetic balance to the intake of fat.
- Helps in reducing allergy: since the ghee is free of any dairy, those who are intolerant of lactose may still enjoy eating a flavorful butter. This is without them worrying from gastrointestinal problems.
All of the benefits of ghee are all ideal for the health. However, as mentioned earlier, the uncontrolled consumption of ghee may be dangerous for the health too. This is since this type of butter is made purely of fat. If you consume excessively of this, then you may have a drastic change on your fat intake. Always make sure to consume only the required consumption of ghee.