There are lots of things in this world that are inevitable, one of which is ageing. Ageing is a natural process, that all of us, humans will experience. As what I’ve said, it is inevitable, thus, there’s nothing that we can do to prevent it. Nonetheless, we can do something to avert its effects on us, especially our physical appearance. Give this article a read and get to know about the different Ayurvedic medicines to fight aging. Not only that, we are also going to discuss further what really this aging is. So sit back, relax, and enjoy the read!
Aging: What is this?
As we all know, the signs of aging are the appearance of gray hair, wrinkles, a marginally obstructed posture, and perhaps some senior moments. But why do you think this happens? What really is aging?
Me, you, and all of the humans are made up of 13 trillion of cells. Furthermore, the organs and the tissues are a bung of cells, which are held together with some natural materials on which the cells have created.
From the moment of conception, each of the cells, together with the organs and tissues, start a process known as aging. The cells are aging, but in a slight manner. It is so slight that we cannot see it. The only thing that we can see is that the body is developing and growing.
Some say that at the age of 30 and above, the signs of aging already starts to be obvious. They can be seen in everything from the vital signs to the skin, to the bones and joints, to the cardiovascular system, nervous and digestive systems, and many others. Moreover, some aging changes start even earlier in life. For instance, the metabolism starts to decline gradually at the age of 20. Changes in the hearing, on the other hand, don’t usually start ‘til the age of 50 or older.
Symptoms of Aging
All of us age at different rates, and to different extents. Nonetheless, we experience a lot of the common effects of aging. Some of these common symptoms of aging are as follows:
- Weight loss, after the age of 65 in women, and after the age of 55 in men, in part due to the loss of muscle tissue
- Greying or whitening of the hair
- Sagging and wrinkling of the skin
- Some degree of hearing loss
- Reduced peripheral vision
- The decrease in the visual perception
- Weakened reflexes and coordination, as well as difficulty in balancing
- A slight slowing of thinking, memory, and thought
- Urinary incontinence
- A decrease in the overall energy
- Limited or slowed movement
- Hunched posture
- Joint changes, which ranges from minor stiffness to severe arthritis
- Bones break easier
- A slight decrease in height as the bones of the spine get thinner and lost some of their height
- Greater risk of hypothermia or stroke
- Increase in the susceptibility to infection
Even though the mind and the body go through a lot of changes as we age, not all of these changes are normal. There are lots of misconceptions on what is really the normal part of aging. One important thing to do is to talk to your physician about any changes you may experience. If necessary, your doctor may refer you some necessary medications to avert the effects of aging –just like the Ayurvedic medicines to fight aging.
Ayurvedic Medicines to Fight Aging
There are various Ayurvedic medicines to fight aging, which have an age-arresting effect on the skin. These may help in taking the years off of your face. So, instead of looking for a quick fix for all of those fine lines and dark spots, try the following medicines today!
- Ashwagandha. This is rich in antioxidants, which is beneficial in keeping the skin smooth and keeps the signs of aging away. Furthermore, it is also an effective protection for the skin against UV damage due to harmful free radicals and stress.
- Haritaki. The ink nut or haritaki is a strong herb, which is beneficial in the Ayurvedic medicines, especially for anti-aging and longevity. As a matter of fact, it is mentioned in Charaka Samhita for its own anti-aging benefits. Aside from its anti-aging properties, the haritaki has various substantial; therapeutic claims too.
- Moringa. This is a superfood that is a center of all the essential vitamins and nutrients, which the skin needs to look more youthful and healthy. Moreover, the Moringa extract is mainly used in keeping the skin healthy, improve the brain activity, and enhance the functions of the cardiovascular system.
- Nirmali Blood Purifier. The skin cells are the ones who receive the important nutrients and minerals through the blood. This is essential in keeping the skin glow, as we;; as combat the symptoms of aging. Various blood purifiers are valuable in clearing the toxins from the blood and infuse it with important nutrients.
- Shilajit. This is commonly used in the Ayurvedic medicine for the overall well being, as well as treating various conditions, including iron deficiency, insomnia, fatigue, and Alzheimer’s disease.
Even though old, the Ayurvedic medicines to fight aging are gold –still! So if you want to get rid of the signs of aging, try this out!