In this article, we are going to talk about the different health benefits of turmeric. Can it really be beneficial for the health, or is it the other way around? Give this article a read and know the answer! Worry less, because you will learn a lot from this article! So sit back, relax, and enjoy the read!
Turmeric: What is it?
Table of Contents
Turmeric or what they often call as the Curcuma longa is the major spice in the Indian dish curry. Moreover, it is so many as the most powerful herb here argues it on Earth. This is mainly because many believe that it is capable of fighting and reversing diseases potentially. Well, in the actual fact, the benefits of turmeric are amazingly vast and are thoroughly studied. So, let’s get to know more about this amazing herb, read on!
In the actual fact, turmeric comes from the Curcuma long plant, which grows in the country of India as well as some other Southeast Asian countries. Moreover, the Curcuma plants’ dried root is ground into a distinctive yellow turmeric powder.
Actually, there are several chemical compounds that are present in the turmeric. These are what they call the curcuminoids. The curcumin is the most active substance in this particular herb. Well, curcumin is what really makes the turmeric a very functional food. It is considered as a food that has a potentially positive effect on the health. This is way beyond its own basic nutrition.
What’s the best part about the turmeric is not just about it being very well studied, historically significant, and amazingly potent, it is also safe. Moreover, there is none to very few side effects of turmeric. That is why you can always try incorporating it into your foods.
Uses of Turmeric
A juice made from turmeric is beneficial in treating a lot of skin illnesses, including chicken pox, shingles, scabies, as well as eczema. Furthermore, its own antimicrobial properties are what really makes an essential home remedy. Curcumin, the active compound in the turmeric possesses some antibacterial, antifungal, antioxidant, and antitumor, antiviral, as well as anti-inflammatory properties. This points to the big potential for the clinical medicine.
Moreover, turmeric is also used in the Chinese medicine. They use it to treat aid array of infections and is beneficial as an antiseptic. The circumin has been the center of attraction for the possible treatment of a lot of diseases, including arthritis, allergies, diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease, and even cancer. For the reason that gout is a kind of arthritis, turmeric might be beneficial in treating this condition too. Always bear in mind that the symptoms of gout are actually in connection to rheumatoid arthritis.
Nutrients in Turmeric
100 grams of turmeric may possess the following nutrients:
|Principle||Amount||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||9.88 grams||33%|
|Dietary Fiber||21 grams||52.5%|
|Vitamin A||0 IU||0%|
|Vitamin C||25.9 milligrams||43%|
|Vitamin E||3.10 milligrams||21%|
|Vitamin K||13.4 micrograms||11%|
Health Benefits of Turmeric
Here are some of the most staggering health benefits of turmeric:
- Help encourage normal lipid levels. Various studies show how impressive turmeric is in reducing the lipid profiles for the turmeric-supplement groups. The ability of the turmeric in encouraging the normal lipid profiles has already been hypothesized since the 1990s with a lot of benefits.
- Helps in soothing irritated tissues. The turmeric is valuable in helping soothe the excess irritation. Furthermore, the swelling response is actually a healthy and natural mechanism that the body uses in order to usher the soothing compounds during repair and crises.
- Helps in encouraging a balanced blood sugar level. There is a study that suggests turmeric is beneficial in encouraging the balance of blood sugar levels in the body. The researchers actually addressed in that study, that the B-cell lines as well as the human islet cells with the preparations of the turmeric and the observed positive benefits.
- Helps in easing aches and discomfort. One study shows that the turmeric is beneficial in getting rid of discomforts and aches to participants who used them as a means of relief. The results showed that the patients taking turmeric has experienced significantly less ache and discomfort.
- Helps in preventing Alzheimer’s disease. The antioxidant properties of the turmeric are beneficial in preventing the damage that may lead to Alzheimer’s disease. More importantly, research shows that the turmeric may reduce the synaptic marker loss as well as the accumulation of the amyloids.
- Helps in preventing cancer. This is probably one of the best health benefits of turmeric. The antioxidants and the anti-inflammatory properties of the turmeric are beneficial in this benefit. The National Cancer Institute also recognized this as one effective anticarcinogen.