One of the most popular essential oils in this planet is probably the rosemary oil. It is well known for all of its wide-ranging, amazing health benefits. Furthermore, it has also become progressively significant and famous for so many years as more of the health benefits of rosemary oil become popular, including its own ability to boost the mental activity, stimulate the hair growth, reduce pain, and relieve respiratory conditions. Well, there is more to rosemary oil than meets the eye. If you want to learn more about this amazing essential oil, feel free to give this article a read.
Rosemary Oil: What is this?
The rosemary, or what they scientifically call as Rosmarinus officinalis, is so popular in the Mediterranean region as one of the culinary herbs. A lot of the dishes or cuisines in the Mediterranean cuisines are prepared with the freshly picked leaves and rosemary oil. Moreover, the rosemary oil is an essential oil that comes mainly from the leaves of the rosemary bush. In the actual fact, the rosemary bush actually belongs to the mint family, which includes sage, myrtle, lavender, and basil as well.
Furthermore, the rosemary has been extensively beneficial ever since the ancient times for a lot of purposes. As a matter of fact, the Romans gave so much importance to the rosemary plant, and they use it often in religious rituals. Moreover, it’s also valuable during wedding rites, cosmetics, medicinal herbal products, and food preparations. In addition, the rosemary plant, as well as the extracts, are beneficial in the ancient Egypt civilization. In fact, they use it as an incense.
Moreover, the health benefits of rosemary oil are what makes it one of the favorites of Paracelsus –a well-known German-Swiss botanist and physician. He is the one who made an important contribution to the further understanding of herbal medicine throughout the 16th century. In the actual fact, Paracelsus adores the rosemary oil for its ability in strengthening the entire body. Furthermore, he decorously believes that the rosemary oil had the ability to heal the delicate organs, just like the heart, brain, and liver.
Rosemary Oil: What’s in rosemary?
Of course, the health benefits of rosemary oil will not be present without the nutritional contents that the rosemary has. In the actual fact, the fresh rosemary has a good amount of vitamins and minerals, like vitamin B6, vitamin A, vitamin C, copper, iron, manganese, magnesium, and some others. Moreover, it also has plentiful antioxidant properties in its own phenolic composites. Not just that, it is also rich in dietary fiber, low in cholesterol and sodium, but is rich in saturated fat.
Refer to the table below to learn more about the necessary nutritional content the rosemary/ rosemary oil has:
|Principle||Amount||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||5.86 grams||20%|
|Dietary Fiber||14.10 grams||37%|
|Pantothenic acid||0.804 milligrams||16%|
|Vitamin A||2924 IU||97%|
|Vitamin C||21.8 milligrams||36%|
Health Benefits of Rosemary Oil
Here are some of the most beneficial health benefits of rosemary oil:
- Helps in treating respiratory problems. The rosemary essential oil’s scent can actually give relief from throat congestion. Moreover, it is also beneficial in treating flu, sore throats, colds, and respiratory allergies.
- Helps in relieving pain. The rosemary oil is essential in treating muscle pain, arthritis, rheumatism, and headaches. Massaging the area that’s affected by pain may relieve the pain quickly.
- Helps in boosting the immune system. The antioxidant properties of the rosemary oil are beneficial in fighting off infections and diseases. Therefore, any food or essential oil, which adds or stimulates the antioxidant activities, is a huge effect for the overall health.
- Helps in relieving stress. Aside from the rosemary oil being beneficial in relaxing, it is also proven to reduce the levels of cortisol in the saliva. Excess cortisol may cause chronic stress.
- Helps in improving the cognitive function. The rosemary oil is a great nerve and brain tonic. It is beneficial in increasing the concentration and helps in studying proficiently. In the actual fact, it helps in stimulating the mental activity. Furthermore, it is also a good remedy for forgetfulness, mental fatigue, and depression.
- Helps in improving the oral health. The rosemary oil is beneficial in disinfecting the mouth. In fact, it is often used as a mouthwash. Furthermore, it also helps in removing the bad breath.
- Helps in digestion. The rosemary oil is beneficial in treating indigestion, constipation, bloating, flatulence, and stomach cramps. Furthermore, it is also have effects on relieving the symptoms of dyspepsia. Not just that, it is also an appetite stimulant.