A lot of us love eating spicy and delicious foods. Sometimes, we overeat, and this often results in stomach pain as well as bloating. This particular condition is known as gas –a condition that is due to overeating. You may ask, does this thing should stop you from eating? Well, actually, there is no need for you to stop eating! This is because there are various essential treatments for gas that could be essential for your condition. Give this article a read and get to know about this. Worry less, because you will be learning a lot from this article, so sit back, relax, and enjoy the read!
Gas: What is this condition?
Table of Contents
When you sense a certain accumulation of excessive gas in the body, it is already an indication of a mild gastric problem. This may cause an embarrassment more than the discomfort that it brings about. Commonly, the gas is odorless, unless it has a methane on it. In some instances, the gas may pass into the rectum, and then the bacteria that are present there will add sulfur to it. This is what increases the odor that gas produces,
Furthermore, the gas may or may not go with pain. If you are suffering, you may experience some chronic or acute gas problems. Even though you may get rid of the acute gas conditions quickly, the chronic gas problems are more enduring and may also lead to an ulcer. Occasionally, the gas pain can be so intense, wherein you may feel like there is something serious going on. Moreover, gas troubles may sometimes be mistaken for appendicitis, gallstones, and heart diseases.
The average adult may experience gas between 13 and 21 times every day. Remember, gas is a normal part of the digestion process. Nonetheless, if gas accumulates in the intestines and you’re unable to expel it, you may start feeling discomfort and pain.
Gas: What causes the condition?
Gas in the stomach is mainly caused by the swallowing of air while eating or drinking. As we know, the stomach gas is released when we burp. Furthermore, the gas forms in the large intestines or the colon when the bacteria ferment the carbohydrates. Additionally, bacteria also consume some of the gas, yet the remaining gas is being released when you pass the gas from the anus.
Some of the high-fiber foods, which commonly cause gas include:
- Whole grains
- Beans and peas
The bloating, flatus frequency and gas pain may be exacerbated by whatever cause constipation and diarrhea. Moreover, gas may also be due to the following:
- Eating certain kind of foods
- Smoking cigarettes
- Chewing gums
- Swallowing air while you drink or eat
Gas: What are the symptoms of the condition?
The signs and symptoms of gas or gas pains may include:
- An observable rise in the size of the abdominal area
- A feeling of fullness or pressure in the abdominal area
- Pain, cramps, or the knotted feeling in the abdominal area
- Passing gas
Quick Treatments for Gas
You may reduce or relieve the gas troubles by making the following easy and simple lifestyle changes:
- Lie down
- Eat in the proper order
- Drink the proper way
- Breathe long and deep
- Apply heat to the stomach
- Pass a motion
- Reduce the portion size
- Consume the food and drink slowly
What do you need to avoid when having gas?
Avoiding the following may help in reducing the possibility of accumulating gas in the abdominal area:
- Don’t smoke
- When you feel gassy, make sure to not chew gum, sip through a straw, or suck on candy
- Don’t suppress or hold the gas inside
- Reduce the consumption of dairy products
- Avoid foods rich in fiber
- Cut back on fatty foods
Treatments for Gas
Here are some of the best treatments for gas:
- Cumin seeds. The cumin seeds are excellent in treating gas naturally. This boosts the secretion of saliva, that in turn stimulates the digestion. This has a soothing effect on the stomach nerves and heals the ulcer.
- The lemon juice helps in promoting the bile secretion in the liver. This helps in improving the digestion.
- The garlic may help in stimulating the gastric system and help in relieving bloating, and even gas.
- This is beneficial in establishing a balance in between the good and bacteria in the gut.
- Coconut water. The coconut water is essential in improving the digestion and also helps in removing harmful toxins from the body. Moreover, it also helps in relieving the gas, which is present in the gastrointestinal system.
- This condiment is widely used in treating various illnesses. Because of its carminative effect, it is capable of proving quick and effective relief from gas troubles.
- This is the universal liquid, which is the best solution for a lot of health problems. Moreover, it is important to keep the body hydrated by drinking a lot of water all the time. This is essential in making the digestion easy and faster.