Have you tried almond milk before? Wait, do you even know what it is? If yes, then good for you. If no, don’t worry, I got your back! Give this article a read and you will get to know about it. You will not just understand thoroughly about it, you will also get to know about the different health benefits of almond milk! Are you excited to learn new facts? Sit back, relax, and enjoy the read!
What is Almond Milk?
Table of Contents
Basically, the almond milk is a drink that’s from the ground almonds and water. In the actual fact, it is a popular plant-based alternative to cow’s milk. Furthermore, this plant-based milk has a nutty flavor and a creamy texture. Not just that, it also has a zero cholesterol and lactose in it. There are some varieties of the milk that is unsweetened, which are available in the market. This is a healthy option, especially for those who want a milk that is free of sugar.
Most of the people have an easy access to dairy milk. This is what makes it become more and more popular nowadays. In the actual fact, the almond milk has been valuable for so many years now, as a substitute for cow’s milk, which is relatively easy to acquire and readily available.
The dairy milk is popular for its high levels of essential vitamin and mineral. Nevertheless, the almonds have been proven to possess more nutrients. This is the reason why the almond milk is recommendable as a good option for those who don’t really consume any form of dairy products. Those who have an allergy to cow’s milk or has calcium intolerance, the almond milk is quite okay.
Almond Milk: Is it a dairy?
Even though people call it almond milk, but the almond milk is not actually a dairy. It is, in fact, a tasty dairy-free, lactose-free, and soy-free alternative for the cow’s milk. According to a certainly registered dietician, the almond milk is made by blending the almonds with water and straining them. Salts or even sweeteners may then be added. Not just that, various commercial manufacturers of almond milk also adds vitamins and some other nutrients in it.
Nutritional Profile of Almond Milk
The almond milk has some of the same benefits of the healthy super healthy almonds, including riboflavin and vitamin E. Nevertheless, in general, the nutrient levels of the almond milk are much lower than the almonds’. Moreover, it is not that clear as to how many almonds really go into a quart of the almond milk. This is since it depends on the brand or if it is homemade.
Additionally, the almond milk contains more calcium content and vitamins D and A. This is far way different from the whole almonds. Nonetheless, that is due to the fact that the manufacturers support it with the said nutrients. Furthermore, the vitamin E content that is present in the almond milk is just added. The vitamin E from the raw almonds does not make its way into the almond milk.
Health Benefits of Almond Milk
Here are some of the most astounding health benefits of almond milk:
- Helps in substituting breast milk. The almond milk has vitamins and minerals that are the same as those in the breast milk of a nursing mom. This is due to the fact that it has a considerable amount of vitamins D and C, and even iron. These are very important for the growth and well-being of the infant.
- Helps in boosting the immunity. The almond milk has a lot of nutrients and minerals that are beneficial in maintaining a healthy immune system. We know that the immune system is essential in protecting the body from microorganisms and germs. The intake of almond milk may help keep the main line of defense of the body strong and healthy.
- Helps in preventing cancer. Research suggests that the intake of almond milk overwhelms the growth of the prostate cancer cells. Nevertheless, you should consult your doctor first before relying on the alternative treatments. This is one of the best health benefits of almond milk.
- Helps in improving the vision. The almond milk is oozing with so many vitamins, including vitamin A that is beneficial for the proper functioning of the be eyes.
- Helps in maintaining a healthy heart. There is no cholesterol in the almond milk. This is what makes it a powerful enabler of a healthy and strong heart. Research suggests that almond consumption is beneficial in reducing the coronary heart disease risk.
- Helps in reducing blood pressure levels. Consuming almond milk is beneficial in maintaining and reducing the blood pressure level. The almond milk is the best substitute for those who have an intolerance to dairy and soy products.
There is no doubt, the almond milk is really an astounding milk for the health. Therefore, if you are allergic to cow’s milk or intolerant of calcium, choose this milk. You will surely have a boost in the health without any problems!