Have you ever tried putting lemon on your water? If yes, then you may have already tried acquiring the necessary nutrients that it possesses. If not yet, then now is the time that you get to know more about this amazingly beneficial drink. I said beneficial, as it possesses a lot of benefits for the health. As a matter of fact, the health benefits of lemon water include giving relief from gum disorders, canker sores, kidney stones, constipation, sore throat, and scurvy. Furthermore, it is also beneficial in promoting a healthy liver, maintaining a healthy skin, reducing stress, and lowering the blood pressure levels. Not just that, it is also essential in aiding digestion, reducing the calorie intake, prevent various types of cancer and aid in weight loss. Give this article a read and get to learn more about the lemon water.
Lemon Water: What is this?
Table of Contents
Lemon is one of the most popular and most versatile citrus fruits. The popularity of it is actually owed to its own refreshing flavor and scent. This is what makes it a popular choice for flavoring perfumes and recipes. Not just that, lemons are also widely beneficial in all kinds of drinks, from juices to cocktails and teas.
On the other hand, the lemon juice is an effective way in reducing the weight, since it increases the metabolic rate of the body. For those who are looking to use lemon for its weight loss prowess, drinking lemon juice with water or lemon water every morning may produce a lot of amazing results.
The lemon water is simply the juice from the lemons that are mixed with water.
Actually, the amount of lemon that you use in this beverage mainly depends on your own personal preference. This drink may be enjoyed in hot or cold variety. Some of the people choose to add lemon rind, mint leaf, and some other ingredients.
Furthermore, the lemon water has now become a famous morning drink as its thought to be beneficial in improving the moods, immune systems, metabolic health, and energy levels.
Nutritional Facts of Lemon Water
The lemon water is mainly derived from lemons that are a great source of minerals and vitamins. Furthermore, it contains sugar, carbohydrates, protein, and water. Moreover, lemons are a great source of vitamin C. They also possess smaller amounts of different vitamins, like vitamin E, folate, vitamin B6, niacin, riboflavin, and thiamin.
Moreover, lemons also contain several minerals, including zinc, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, and iron. With all of these important nutrients in the lemon, the lemon water may be a great delivery system for a lot of health benefits/
Who can benefit from Lemon Water?
In the actual fact, the lemon water is beneficial for everyone except those who are allergic to lemons. It must be consumed by anyone who’s trying to live a healthier life, and it’s a great health drink, in comparison to some other sugar-rich and carbonated drinks, which are available in markets. Lemon water doesn’t just hydrate tour body, it also helps in various bodily processes, especially the digestion.
Health Benefits of Lemon Water
Here are some of the most exceptional health benefits of lemon water:
- Helps in detoxifying the body. The lemon water is essential in cleansing the entire body by way of reducing the toxins on the blood. The essential nutrients in the lemons are essential in the promotion of the removal of waste materials and toxins.
- Helps in balancing the pH levels. Drinking a glass of lemon water a day may help in alkalizing the whole body. Not just that, it is also beneficial in balancing the pH levels. We know that the balance of alkalinity in the body is important –and lemon water may help you there.
- Helps in lowering the stress and blood pressure levels. This is one of the best health benefits of lemon water. Aside from lowering the levels of stress and blood pressure, drinking lemon water may also help in relaxing the body.
- Possesses anti-carcinogenic properties. Drinking lemon water may help in the prevention of cancer. Studies show that lemon has anti-tumor properties, which may help in the reduction of the risk of cancer.
- Helps in relieving the swollen gum pain. The consumption of lemon water is essential in relieving the pain that comes with the swollen gums.
- Helps in relieving canker sores. Rinsing the mouth with lemon water may help in providing a relief from hurting canker sores.
- Helps in boosting the immunity. The lemon water is a great source of citrus phytonutrients, vitamin C, and bioflavonoid that is beneficial in improving the immune system strength. Not just that, it is also beneficial in increasing the energy levels in the body due to its vitamins and minerals.
- Helps in relieving constipation. The lemon water is essential in treating constipation. Therefore, drink lemon water every morning and get the relief that you need from constipation.