It is alright to have fun and go to parties sometimes, and when there is a party, alcohol will never be absent. This is since alcohol is one of the sources of happiness for some. However, when you drink an alcoholic beverage, there is a big possibility that you will experience a hangover. Hangover is actually a normal response of the body with the consumed alcoholic beverage. This may cause a person to vomit, get dizzy, feel a muscle ache, nausea, dry mouth and more. Truly it is a discomforting condition. Hence, it is just right to know more about this condition, also, the treatments for a hangover is also necessary.
Hangover: What is this condition?
The hangover is the normal response of the body in breaking down alcohol. The condition may range from mild fatigue, reduced cognition, and slight headache to an unrestrained migraine, inability to think clearly, eat, and get out of bed. Furthermore, it may also cause muscle soreness or aches, exhaustion, dizziness, light sensitivity, nausea, upset stomach, and more.
Furthermore, it is obvious that the severity of the hangover mainly depends on various factors. These factors include the type and the amount of alcohol or the foods you consumed, the amount of water you drank, the general health of the body, the weight you have, the speed of your metabolism, the liver functionality, and much more contributing factors.
When you suffer from a particularly nasty hangover, you may find it hard to concentrate on almost anything. This is beside getting rid of the discomfort and pain. Moreover, since the alcohol is popular in all the continents and by almost all the cultural groups, this mere problem has a lot of theoretical solutions.
Many of the treatments for a hangover that many people suggest may sound quite strange. Furthermore, many of them are actually not useful or are useless at all. However, there are various things that are proven and well-documented treatments for a hangover that are beneficial in eliminating the condition.
Hangover: What causes it?
One of the aspects that may give a contribution to the occurrence of a hangover is the alcohol that may act as a diuretic. This arouses the kidneys in passing more liquid than to consume it, thus resulting in the dehydration and damage of electrolytes. Moreover, alcohol also decreases the sugar levels in the blood, thus producing fatigue. Additionally, alcohol may widen or even dilate the blood vessels, hence causing various effects to the body. These effects include disrupted sleep, headache, nausea, etc.
Some of the alcoholic beverages have the capacity to produce an unscrupulous hangover. In fact, 1.5 ounces of 80 spirits, 5 ounces of wine, as well as 12 ounces of beer contain just the same quantity of alcohol. However, there are some beverages like brandy and whiskey that contain just small volumes of methanol, which are packed up much more slower by our body. Furthermore, red wine has some other substances that may increase in the harshness of the hangover.
The body takes time to burn one ounce of a pure alcohol. In fact, it takes about two hours for it to burn the alcohol. Since the alcohol is being detached from the blood at this moment, even just one drink every hour may produce an increase in the blood alcohol level. thus. Those individuals who are in the average size do not have to become so drunk to agonize from a hangover.
Treatments for a Hangover
Here are some of the most extreme treatments for a hangover:
- Eat healthily: eating junk foods, pizza, or anything that is healthy for you and anything that can make you feel better can be beneficial in getting rid of a hangover.
- Natural juices: drinking some fresh and natural juices will be beneficial in resupplying the lost sugar in the body.
- Water: drinking water is actually the best way to preventing and treating the condition. it is recommendable that you drink at least two glasses of water before going to bed after you drink alcohol excessively.
- Chicken soup: this has long been the recommendation and treatment for a hangover. The significant number or nutrients, vitamins, and minerals in the soup are beneficial in reorienting the systems and balancing the nutrients in the body.
- Ginger: nausea and vomiting are the most weakening parts of a hangover. Ginger can be beneficial in this symptoms. It reduces nausea and vomiting in just a small amount of time.
- Bananas: this fruit that is rich in potassium is beneficial in lowering the blood pressure and provides enough energy. Moreover, it is also beneficial in getting rid of a headache.
Having an occasional hangover is actually okay. However, always remember that alcohol may have a long-term and very serious effects on the overall health. hence, it is still important that you control your alcohol consumption to not harm yourself and make more conditions worse. Furthermore, in parties, drink alcohol in moderation. Being happy doesn’t mean you need to get drunk.