Have you seen or used chickpeas before? If you are not familiar with it, it’s fine. You may not be well aware that you are already eating this in your meals. Usually, they add it in salads or occasionally in hummus. How about the chickpeas flour, have you tried using it? Well, this wholesome flour has a lot of essential nutrients in it. These nutrients are what contribute to astounding health benefits of chickpeas flour. Get to know more about this amazing flour –give this article a read!
Chickpeas Flour: What is this?
The chickpeas were one of the first crops ever cultivated by humans. In today’s day and time, they are still one of the most well-known legumes all over the world. Hence, it is not really a surprise that some cultures have been using the chickpeas in making grain-free, resourceful flour for over centuries now.
Moreover, the chickpeas have been an essential part of various traditional diet plans for more than 7500 years now. As what I’ve said above, even up to this date, it is still one of the most widely grown and most consumed legumes all over the world. Over the years, it has also been linked to better heart health, better weight management, and longevity. Though it is not that much popular in Europe, chickpeas flour is starting to become much easier to find in the United States.
Nowadays, the chickpeas flour is widely beneficial in various regions in South Asia and in the Middle East. The very same way that it has been for over generations. Some of the traditional uses of the chickpeas flour include its use in curries, in making cakes, or in making a breakfast porridge. One popular street food in India called Chila is also made with chickpea flour batter. In Spain, they also use it in making tortillas instead of using corn.
Eating chickpeas or chickpeas flour is a great way to increase the intake of fiber. Furthermore, because they are rich in fiber, a lot of studies also show that eating more of it, and any other types of legumes, may help in reducing the risk of obesity, coronary heart disease, diabetes, as well as some types of cancer.
Nutritional Facts of Chickpeas
Chickpeas flour may offer a lot of important vitamins and essential minerals. For instance, they are thought to have magnesium and calcium in a good amount. It is also rich in folate, this is necessary for a healthy pregnancy. Not just that, it also has a good amount of B vitamins like vitamin B6, and a clad amount of potassium, which is essential for the heart health.
Moreover, chickpeas flour also contain some potent antioxidant mineral like selenium and iron. Diets that are free of gluten are also now becoming more and more popular. If you decided to go gluten-free, then this is a good addition to your diet.
A half-cup serving of chickpeas flour may contain the following essential nutrients:
|Principles||Amount||% Daily Value|
|Vitamin B6||0.25 milligrams||12%|
Health Benefits of Chickpeas Flour
Here are some of the most incredible health benefits of chickpeas flour:
- Good for digestion and free of gluten. Since chickpeas flour has no wheat, rye, barley, or oats, it is totally free of gluten and all the other grains. If you are allergic to gluten, you can eat of this chickpeas flour. It has no effects on the guts, immune responses, as well as indigestion.
- Helps in improving the immune function and lowers inflammation. The chickpeas flour is considered an anti-inflammatory food. This is since the consumption of beans has shown a great effect on treating cancer. Due to the high levels of fiber in beans like the chickpeas, it may draw the toxins out of the digestive system, thus keeping the cells well-protected, and prevent inflammation and getting rid of free radicals.
- May help in losing weight. Diets rich in fiber may help in losing weight as they are rich in fiber. Remember, fiber-rich foods are commonly low in calories, and ye they grow in the intestines, which may turn off the hunger signals in the body.
- Helps in stabilizing the blood sugar levels and prevent diabetes. The soluble fiber in the chickpeas flour is not just essential in lowering the blood sugar levels, it also helps in slowing down the absorption of sugar in the bloodstream. This is one of the best health benefits of chickpeas flour, especially to those who have diabetes.
- Helps in improving heart health. Rich in fiber, the chickpeas flour is essential in balancing the unhealthy cholesterol levels, reduce hypertension and protect against heart conditions. Furthermore, it may also help in keeping the arteries clear from any plaque buildup.