One of the most popular nuts allover the world is almonds. In fact, it is popular as the ancient times’ most adored nuts. The almond nuts are popular in various diets of the ancient Indian and Egyptians population. Almonds are not just delicious and a good addition to various cuisines or foods, they are also good for the health. The health benefits of almonds are something to look out for. If you want to know these and more about almonds, feel free to give this article a read.
Almonds: What are these?
Table of Contents
The almonds are the seeds of the fruits that comes from the almond tree. Scientifically, it is popular as the Prunus dulcis. Furthermore, almonds are native to the North Africa, India, and Middle East. However, no, they are also widely available in Israel, Jordan, Syria, Turkey, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, and Iran. The taste of the almonds may range from sweet to bitter and both of which are available in markets.
The sweet almonds are eatable, while on the other hand, the bitter ones are used in making almond oil. This oil is commonly used in adding flavor to various foods. Usually, almonds are eaten raw, however, some people also add them as ingredients in various dishes, including casseroles and salads.
The almond milk is also a delightful beverage and is a good alternative to cow’s milk. You may eat almonds unswervingly, if at all possible on an empty stomach. This is to help you in increasing and speeding up the absorption of its nutrients. Furthermore, you may also soak it in water overnight to eat them in the next morning. Moreover, the crushed almonds may also be a wonderful garnish for various dishes.
Almonds has ample amounts of vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients. In fact, almonds are rich in dietetic fiber as well as monounsaturated fat, thus making it beneficial for the heart health. Truly, the health benefits of almonds are quite endless.
Uses of Almonds
The almonds are one of the most flexible nuts in the whole wide world. You may add this type of nuts to almost all meals and cuisines. Furthermore, you may also use almonds in preparing sweet dishes. The nutty yet pleasant sweet taste of almonds is what makes it popular to many. Moreover, you may also enjoy almonds in both unsalted and salted forms. If you roast almonds before serving, they bring out their crunchy taste, as well as their healthy oil.
Moreover, the skin of the almond nuts is actually edible, yet it has a bitter taste. If you don’t like the bitter taste of it, then might as well remove the skin of the nut. You may purchase whole almonds and then cut it right before you use it. The blanched almonds works so well in garnishing on sweets like cookies and cakes. Furthermore, the almond paste is beneficial in preparing or making soups or vinaigrettes t be able to add body, as well as nutrition.
Nutritional Value of Almonds
|PRINCIPLE||Amount||% DAILY VALUE|
|Total Fat||49.42 grams||165%|
|Dietary Fiber||12.20 grams||30%|
|Pantothenic acid||0.47 milligrams||9%|
|Vitamin A||1 IU||0%|
|Vitamin C||0 milligrams||0%|
|Vitamin E||26 milligrams||173%|
Health Benefits of Almonds
Here are some of the most surprising health benefits of almonds:
- Helps in preventing constipation: the almonds are rich in fiber content, thus making it beneficial in the prevention of constipation. On the other hand, it is also essential to drink water after consuming almonds to be able to make the digestive process faster.
- Aids in weight loss: the unsweetened almond milk may be beneficial in losing weight. This is since the mono-unsaturated fat in the almonds may help satisfy the appetite, thus preventing over-eating.
- Helps protect against diabetes: the almonds are beneficial in reducing the reactionary rise in the insulin and glucose levels after every meal. This particular modulation may offer protection against the dangerous spikes in the blood sugar.
- Helps in preventing cancer: this is one of the best health benefits of almonds. The almonds are beneficial in improving the movement of the food into the colon, thus preventing any buildup and even the onset of cancer. Specifically colon cancer.
- Help boost the energy production: manganese, riboflavin, and copper are beneficial in the production of the energy for the body. Not just that, it is also beneficial in aiding the metabolic rate.
- Prevents heart illnesses: the protein, potassium, as well as monounsaturated fat in almonds, are beneficial in averting the possible onset of heart problems. They help in reducing the presence of the impact of C-reactive proteins that causes the inflammation that damages the artery.
Almonds truly are not just delicious snacks or ingredients to various cuisines, they are also beneficial for the general health.