Even though the uses of the apple cider vinegar are overflowing, it has possibly even more applications. Furthermore, in spite of its recent heave in admiration, the wide-ranging list of health benefits apple cider vinegar has been well-known all over the world for centuries. In fact, it is highly claimed that some of the health benefits of apple cider vinegar are supported by science. Truly, you’ll never go wrong with the apple cider vinegar. In this article, you will know lots and lots of information about the apple cider vinegar, feel free to read on. Share this with those people whom will benefit from it! Enjoy!
What is Apple Cider Vinegar?
Table of Contents
Apple cider vinegar or the ACV is a type of vinegar, obviously. It is made from the apple cider. This apple cider has gone through the process of fermentation to be able to form some health-promoting probiotics as well as enzymes. This is what gives it a significantly low sugar as well as calories. In the actual fact, it only takes a tablespoon or two of the apple cider vinegar to be able to take advantage of all its health benefits. This is since each of the tablespoons of the vinegar has about just 3 to 5 calories and has just a small amount of sugar.
Furthermore, the apple cider vinegar is a vinegar that has a lot of uses. In fact, ACV is useful in chutneys, food preservatives, vinaigrettes, marinades, as well as in salad dressings. Furthermore, did you know that the apple cider vinegar has also been used as a folk medicine for over centuries? Actually, in the 1970s, many claim that the vinegar has a lot of benefits for the overall health.
Types of Apple Cider Vinegar
When it comes to the apple cider vinegar, there are various terms, just like raw and organic. These are actually tossed around pretty inaccurately. Thus making it much harder to decipher what you really are getting when you are to grab a bottle of ACV from the store.
Below is what the terms, raw and organic really mean. What to pick on the two? Read on!
- Raw Apple Cider Vinegar: this type of ACV is actually unheated or unprocessed. This just means that it has the “mother” in it, still. This is actually the cluster of enzymes, good bacteria, and proteins that are often removed in the fermentation process.
- Organic Apple Cider Vinegar: this type actually means that the ACV has no genetically modified entities as well as artificial additives, which may actually cause harm to the health.
Aside from the two, there is another type of apple cider vinegar, the unfiltered type.
- Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar: this particular type of ACV, the mother is not being removed, the same as the raw ACV. Not only that, here, there is no removal of sediment as well. Thus leaving a much clearer, amber vinegar.
Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
Here are some of the most special health benefits of apple cider vinegar:
- Helps in relieving acid reflux: drinking the vinegar is beneficial in relieving the symptoms of the acid reflux. This is by way of introducing more acid in the digestive system. Furthermore, this is what prevents the acid backflow.
- Helps reduce the blood pressure level: the ACV is beneficial for the heart health, thus making it stronger and healthier. This is one of the best health benefits of apple cider vinegar.
- Helps in improving the skin: the acetic acid, as well as the citric, succinic, and lactic acid that is present in the ACV, are found to inhibit the bacteria that causes the acne to develop in the skin.
- Helps in lowering cholesterol levels: the heart health is safe with the apple cider vinegar. In fact, it is beneficial in reducing the levels of bad cholesterol in the body, while increasing the good HDL cholesterol.
- Helps in losing weight: studies show that ACV is beneficial in increasing the satiety. This is what helps in reducing the amp up the weight loss as well as the intake of food.
- Helps in regulating blood sugar levels: the apple cider vinegar is beneficial in maintaining the normal blood sugar level. Furthermore, it also helps in reducing the blood sugar levels by about 31%.
Side Effects of Apple Cider Vinegar
Those who want to use the apple cider vinegar, they should be aware of the various risks that may come with the usage of the vinegar. One concern about it is that it has the potential in eroding the tooth enamel. Also, ACV is so acidic, meaning it may interact with the throat as well as in the stomach. Moreover, it may also interact with various medications or supplements. This is the reason why it is a must to ask for a doctor’s opinion first before taking the vinegar. Also, it is important to remember that there is no evidence yet that using the vinegar in a frequent manner is safe. So be well aware of it.