Us human need good nutrition to be able to keep our body healthy. Good foods will also have an effect on our growth and development as well as the reparation of the human body. Many investigators and researchers have already proven that foods that have high nutrient contents and having a well-balanced food may significantly improve the overall health. To be able to provide and nourish the body with the nutrients, we must consume a variety of food that is healthy. These include vegetables, fruits, carbs, protein, grains, and many more. Moreover, one food that is very popular among us is the egg. Eggs are well known to be a healthy food all over the world. However, there is this one particular egg of a bird that many of us just eat and don’t even give a care to what really is in it. I am talking about the quail eggs –the health benefits of quail eggs are so mesmerizing and are all for the betterment of the overall health. If you wan to know more about this, feel free to read this article on.
What are Quail Eggs?
As its name implies, the quail eggs are the eggs coming from some species of quail. We know that quail are bids that are mid-sized found in Europe, southern United States, North Africa, and various parts of Asia. These kind of eggs are usually smaller than the eggs of chickens and ducks. Furthermore, they are eaten and sold as a novelty food allover the world.
Quail eggs are actually popular in Japanese bento boxes, which typically are being eaten 3-5 at a time. This is since it has a smaller size than the usual eggs. Aside from it is deliberated as cute eggs in various cultures, quail eggs are also bursting with many nutrients, which make them delicious and of course, a healthy option as an additional to diet.
In spite of the dominance of quail eggs in some Western countries, the consumption of quail eggs is being dominated by the Asian market. This is because there are some that use this as an inexpensive street food. However, the rich and delicious yolk of quail eggs has an increase in its demand in many culinary preparations.
The ratio of yolk-to white in quail eggs are way higher than that of the normal eggs. This makes it even more dangerous for those who have a higher level of cholesterol. However, in general terms, quail eggs are considered to be very healthy.
Nutrition Facts of Quail Eggs
The quail eggs are actually considered to have better nutrients than that of the chicken eggs. Furthermore, it is also mentioned that the quail eggs contain about 13% of protein. This is greater than the protein that chicken egg has. In fact, only 11% of protein is in chicken eggs. Furthermore, quail eggs also have some other essential nutrients like Iron, vitamin B12, zinc, as well as vitamin E, and more. Not only that, quail eggs also contain five times of potassium and iron than the chicken eggs. Here is a more detailed nutrition fact of a 9-gram quail eggs:
- Iron: 1%
- Vitamin B12: 1%
- Vitamin A: 717.0 μg
- Protein: 1.2 grams
- Vitamin D: 1%
- Potassium: 12 milligrams
- Sodium: 12 milligrams
- Cholesterol: 76 milligrams
- Fat: 1 gr
- Calories: 14 kcal
Health Benefits of Quail Eggs
Here are some of the most staggering health benefits of quail eggs:
- Helps in reducing heart diseases: the essential vitamins and minerals present in quail eggs are beneficial in reducing the risk of heart disease by approximately 24%.
- Helps in building muscle: since quail eggs are rich in protein, it is a perfect food in building muscle. Hence, if you want to have a great body, start eating quail eggs now.
- Helps in maintaining a healthy metabolism: the vitamin B complex in quail eggs are important in keeping the energy balance through the maintenance of the normal metabolism. Moreover, the vitamin B complex includes vitamin B6 and B12, which are important in producing energy.
- Helps in maintaining the healthy skin: quail eggs are excellent sources of protein as well as Lysine. As we know, Lysine is an amino acid that helps in promoting the collagen production. Thus making the skin look more fine and awesome.
- Helps in preventing diabetes: studies show that the amino acids in the quail eggs are beneficial in preventing the onset of diabetes. This is one of the best health benefits of quail eggs.
- Helps in boosting the immunity: the lysine content of the quail eggs are beneficial in boosting the function of the immune system.
- Helps in enhancing the body development: the protein content of the quail eggs is quite high. Thus, it is beneficial in the enhancement of the body development.
- Helps in promoting the brain function: the amino acids present in the quail eggs are beneficial in stimulating the brain function and nourish the nerve system in the brain for it to work better.