Do you want to have a drink that is rich in antioxidant and has no caffeine in it at all? Then you may want to try the rooibos tea –this tea is very rich in antioxidants, yet has no caffeine in it! You can enjoy this amazingly delicious tea cold or hot. Not just that it has no caffeine in it, it is also a great drink with a lot of great health benefits. As a matter of fact, the health benefits of rooibos tea include the prevention of inflammation in the body, improvement of heart health, and the improvement of the bone and skin health among others.
Furthermore, the rooibos tea is also known for all of its amazing valuable effects on those who are suffering from diabetes or colic. Moreover, it also possesses the capacity to treat premature aging, allergies, hypertension, bone weakness, eczema, asthma, insomnia, and headaches. There is also no caffeine in rooibos tea. Additionally, it is low in tannins as well. if you drink of rooibos tea, your austere stomach cramps will get an ease, and your immune system will have a boost. Give this article a read and get to learn more about this amazing tea.
Rooibos Tea: What is this?
Table of Contents
The rooibos tea is actually an herbal tea that has a lot of medicinal properties, which are being acquired from the bush plant, Aspalathus linearis, which is found mainly in South Africa. According to an organization, the rooibos tea is not actually a real tea –it is more of an herb. Moreover, the rooibos tea that’s fermented has a red color. Additionally, the health benefits of rooibos tea are copious. It is so popular because of its unique color and amazing taste, which comes together with all of its health benefits.
The US Department of Agriculture actually confirmed the medicinal attributes of the beverage. They also confirmed that rooibos tea is really capable of reducing the risk of various serious health conditions, including premature aging, heart diseases, and even cancer.
Nutritional Facts of Rooibos Tea
The red rooibos tea contains no oxalic acid, thus, it may be consumed by those who suffer from kidney stones. Furthermore, rooibos tea is rich in a lot of essential minerals like alpha hydroxyl acid, magnesium, zinc, manganese, copper, potassium, calcium, and iron. Moreover, it contains antioxidants like nothofagin and aspalathin as well. It also has extremely versatile and potent phenolic compounds.
Health Benefits of Rooibos Tea
Here are some of the most staggering health benefits of rooibos tea:
- Helps in delaying aging. The antioxidants in the rooibos tea are essential in slowing down the aging process. Not just that, it also helps in boosting the strength of the immunity. Actually, the antioxidants in the tea seek out free radicals that damage the skin, bones, hair, and the other organs by making them susceptible to degeneration and diseases.
- Has zero caffeine. The rooibos tea has zero caffeine in it. Therefore, it is recommendable for those who are suffering from insomnia. Just one cup of this tea before bed may help you to have better sleep.
- Helps in lowering the blood pressure. The rooibos tea helps in relieving stress, hypertensive conditions, as well as nervous tension. Furthermore, rooibos tea also as the capacity to inhibit the angiotensin-converting enzyme, which causes the blood pressure to rise by the contraction of blood vessels. This just shows that drinking it helps in lowering the blood pressure level.
- Helps in treating colic. The rooibos tea may be beneficial for children who are suffering from stomach pain or colic. You may add some milk on it to improve its flavor and make it even more palatable.
- Helps improve heart health. The rooibos tea is naturally an anti-inflammatory. This just means that it helps in reducing the free radicals and blood pressure, just like the other antioxidants. This is one of the best health benefits of rooibos tea.
- Rich in antioxidants. There are polyphenols in the rooibos tea, which have anti-mutagenic, antiviral, and anti-inflammatory properties in rooibos tea. These are all essential in fighting off illnesses and lowers the risks of various conditions.
Possible Cautions on Rooibos Tea
In spite of all of the health benefits of rooibos tea, there can still be some side effects to some people. Due to the fact that rooibos tea is so strong, it may interfere with the treatments of various conditions, just like chemotherapy for those who suffer from cancer. Furthermore, the rooibos tea has also shown some estrogenic activities in some studies. Therefore, it may not be a great idea to use it if you have cancer that’s hormone-sensitive, like the breast cancer.
Furthermore, if you have existing liver and kidney conditions, the rooibos tea might be more harmful than being beneficial. It must be utilized as a preventive measure rather than a cure for it. Make certain that you speak to your doctor before you add it in your diet or normal routine.
Other than these aforementioned cautions on the consumption of rooibos tea, enjoy and gulp to the good health!