Have you ever tried a white tea before? Even though this tea is not that known for so many people, it is oozing with so many essential benefits to the health. As a matter of fact, there are lots and lots of health benefits of white tea. This includes the improvement of oral health and the reduction of the risk of cardiovascular conditions and cancer. Furthermore, it also possesses anti-aging and antioxidant properties, which are beneficial in the maintenance of good health, as well as a wrinkle-free skin. It also protects the skin from the harmful effects of the UV rays. Due to its antibacterial properties, the white tea also protects the body against various bacteria that cause infection. Give this article a read and get to learn more about white tea!
White Tea: What is this?
The white tea is very well-known as one of the most subtle varieties of tea as it’s minimally processed. Furthermore, the white tea is usually harvested before the leaves of the tea plant are fully open. And when the tea plant’s young bud is still covered with fine white hairs.
The leaves and the buds from the freshest growth on the tea plant are being hand-picked and are meticulously and quickly dried. This is for the leaves to not be allowed to oxidize so long as the leaves plucked for both the black and green tea production. This particular low oxidation and minimal processing may result in several of the most elusive and freshest tea.
Moreover, the white tea that we know nowadays was actually first produced commercially from the first varieties of the white tea plant, which is discovered in the Fujian province of China in the early 1700s. furthermore, a loose leaf variety of the white was then developed from these particular plants, which are popular for the production of large and amazing tea buds.
Similar to that of the Chinese Emperors and courtesans in the ancient times, people still love the white teas in today’s day and time for their own delicate, beautiful, and rare flavors and aromas. Most of the white teas are still hand-processed and hand-picked. This is what makes them a real delicacy to sip ingratitude of the artisanship, which went into the making of the tea.
In addition, generally, the white tea is lower in caffeine, than that of the black and green tea. Moreover, the original Fujian plant of white tea, which is native to China, has shown to have much lower content of caffeine than the other tea plants.
Nutritional Facts of White Tea
The white tea possesses antimicrobial properties, as well as various essential nutrients, which are all essential in protecting the body against the incidence of various conditions. Furthermore, it contains flavonoids, fluoride, and tannins like polyphenols and catechins. All of these compounds are essential for the amazing health benefits of white tea.
Continue scrolling through this article and you will learn more about this amazing benefits of the white tea.
Health Benefits of White Tea
Here are some of the most staggering health benefits of white tea:
- Aids in weight loss. Losing weight is not an easy thing to do, most especially if you have a busy schedule. Living with a great diet plan is one of the best ways to shed off those extra pounds. Good thing there are some foods and beverages that you can help you with this problem. Actually, the white tea is essential in preventing the adipogenesis or the process of forming the fat cells.
- Helps in relieving the common cold. The white tea is a great remedy for some of the common conditions. The intake of the white tea actually provides relief to those who are suffering from a common cold and flu.
- Acts as antibacterial Medical conditions and diseases are mainly due to pathogens that attack the immunity. This is what makes it difficult for the body to operate at a normal capacity. The white tea possesses antibacterial properties, which may protect the skin against germs and bacteria.
- Helps in improving cardiovascular The flavonoids in the white tea are essential in reducing the cardiovascular conditions. These flavonoids are beneficial in reducing the blood pressure levels.
- Helps in preventing cancer. The same with the green tea, the white tea may help in preventing cancer like the lung cancer. Research shows that this particular tea possesses chemopreventive agent and anticancer properties, and the extract of it may induce cell This is one of the best health benefits of white tea.
- Helps in improving oral The tannins, flavonoids, and polyphenols in the white tea are essential in the improvement of the overall oral health. In fact, they inhibit the growth of various bacteria, which may cause the formation of plaque.