Millions of people around the world suffer from gallstone or kidney stone problems. Every year, more than one million people discover they develop gallstones. Every year, hundred thousand people end up in the hospital because of kidney stone problems. All thanks to the health benefits of Chanca Piedra because it can treat and remove kidney stones and gallstones. For many years, Chanca Piedra is known in Peru because of its positive effects on gallstones and kidney stones. Chanca Piedra can soften gallstones and kidney stones to pass out of the body. It also contains diuretic qualities and it is effective for urine retention.
Chanca Piedra: What is this?
Table of Contents
Chanca Piedra is from the Amazon forest. It is a plant that is very helpful for the kidney, bladder, liver, and the gallbladder. Chanca Piedra can be helpful in many different kinds of disorders such as inflammation or discharge from the vagina or urethra. Chanca Piedra can also use for appetite loss, constipation, stomachache or intestinal infections.
To some people, Chanca Piedra is helpful as a liver tonic. They also use the herb to treat flu, cough, swine flu or jaundice. According to studies, Chanca Piedra can also use to treat STDs such as gonorrhea and syphilis.
Health Benefits of Chanca Piedra
Here are some of the most staggering health benefits of Chanca Piedra:
- Chanca Piedra can fight back against harmful organisms. The water extract of Chanca Piedra is toxic to these organisms.
- Chanca Piedra can prevent diabetes. Chanca Piedra contains antioxidants and phenolic properties that are best in the anti-hyperglycemia functions. There are studies that can confirm the effectiveness of Chanca Piedra in the reduction of blood glucose. Chanca Piedra can lower the blood sugar and inhibits the glucose absorption to enhance the glucose storage.
- Chanca Piedra herb supports the health of the liver. Moreover, Chanca Piedra can also fight against acetaminophen toxicity. According to studies, the protein content of Chanca Piedra can protect the liver against oxidative stress. There are also studies that suggest Chanca Piedra is important to support the liver.
- Chanca Piedra is beneficial in eliminating kidney stones and gallstones. According to studies, Chanca Piedra can fight against kidney stones. Chanca Piedra can also stimulate the liver’s bile secretion. Because of this, it can help with the process of digestion and the absorption of nutrients in the body. It can also help in the elimination of body waste in the body.
- Chanca Piedra is both antiviral and antibacterial. There are studies that imply Chanca Piedra has antiviral compounds that can fight against Herpes simplex virus type 1. There are also studies that suggest Chanca Piedra has antioxidant properties and antibacterial property at the same time.
- Chanca Piedra is helpful for patients with high blood pressure level or high level of blood sugar. The phenolic content of Chanca Piedra contains antioxidant activity that supports the normal blood sugar and blood pressure. There are studies that Chanca Piedra enhance the antioxidant in the defense system of the body.
Warnings and Precautions of taking Chanca Piedra
Chanca Piedra is not safe for pregnant and breastfeeding women. Taking Chanca Piedra in large amounts can block pregnancy, it can also develop the risk of low birth weight. In addition, it can also increase the tendency of birth defects. Moreover, there is a possibility that Chanca Piedra may slow the clotting of blood. For patients with bleeding disorders, taking Chanca Piedra can cause bleeding.
Diabetes patients, Chanca Piedra affects the levels of blood sugar. Patients must be cautious with the signs and symptoms of low blood sugar levels. They should monitor the levels of blood sugar regularly. Since Chanca Piedra can lower the levels of blood sugar, patients should be careful before and after a surgery. The patient should stop taking Chanca Piedra two weeks before the surgery. It is because Chanca Piedra can slow the clotting of blood and it increases the risk of bleeding.
Interactions of Chanca Piedra and other drugs
Chanca Piedra interacts with Lithium. If you are taking one, you should take with your doctor before taking Chanca Piedra. Taking Chanca Piedra can decrease the process of removing lithium in the body. Too much lithium in the body can result in side effects.
Chanca Piedra interacts with Antidiabetes drugs. Your blood sugar can go too low if you take Chanca Piedra and diabetes medication. Since Chanca Piedra decreases, the level of blood sugar and diabetes drugs also lowers the blood sugar level it may lead to a serious effect on the body. You should monitor your blood sugar level or change the dosage of your medication.