Who doesn’t love grapes/ you can eat it while sitting in front of the television and watching your favorite movie. This amazing fruit does not only taste amazingly good, but they are also extremely nutritious. Furthermore, they are also good mood boosting fruits and are great for the health. It is beneficial in treating diabetes, and even cancer –that’s not just it, the health benefits of grapes come with no side effects at all. This is the reason why eating this amazing fruit can be very beneficial for the betterment of your health. if you want to know more about these amazing little tiny fruits, give this article a read.
All about Grapes
Table of Contents
Grapes is scientifically known as the Vitis vinifera from the Vitaceae family. About 8000 years ago in the Middle East, people first cultivated the grape vines. In todays day and time, there are 72 million tons of grapes that are grown every single year all over the world. However, this is mostly to produce wine. In fact, there are 7.2 trillion gallons of wine that being produced by many wine manufacturers.
Furthermore, the fruit is even called as the “Queen of fruits”. It is also categorized in three different variants basing on their color –the blue or black, green, and red grapes. There are also some other varieties of it, such as sultanas, currants, raisins, juices, jams, jellies, and more. This amazingly flavorful fruit doesn’t only add appeal and vibrance to your foods, but it may also be a beneficial addition to your diet.
Aside from the fruit itself, the grapes have more to offer. The seeds of it are very beneficial as well in terms of health. This is since it is beneficial in reducing the swelling and inhibit various eye diseases that may be because of diabetes. Moreover, the grape seed extract also have a high content of antioxidant properties.
Nutrition Facts of Grapes
Grape is a powerhouse of nutrients and essential vitamins and minerals. In fact, it is a great source of various phytonutrients, mainly the polyphenols and phenols. Moreover, it also has various important vitamins like vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin A, and vitamin K. Not only that, it is also rich in folate, niacin, riboflavin, and thiamine.
Its mineral content includes sodium, phosphorus, magnesium, calcium, as well as potassium. The grapes have high water content, which makes it beneficial for the body by means of keeping the body’s proper hydration. It also has dietary fiber, a moderate number of protein, antioxidant, and healthy carbohydrates.
The flavonoids in it like the quercetin and myrcetin, are both beneficial for the body in reducing any onset of free radical-caused damages. And furthermore, it also helps in slowing down the signs of aging. because of its rich content nutrients, it is also able in playing a vital role in ensuring an active and a healthy lifestyle.
How to Enjoy eating Grapes?
Here are some of the healthiest and easiest ways in consuming grapes:
- Salads and curries: you can add grapes to your salads and curries for an additional flavor.
- Cocktails and beverages: you can always use the fruit in making a healthy and delicious drink.
- Desserts: since the taste of grapes is sweet, it makes it a good addition and flavoring for various desserts.
- Snacks: this may be is the most common way to eat this delicious fruit. Eating or snacking it raw can satisfy hunger and cravings.
Health Benefits of Grapes
Here are some of the most surprising health benefits of grapes:
- Helps in preventing cancer: the anti-cancer properties of the grapes are very strong. This is because of the anti-inflammatory properties of the resveratrol. Particularly, it is effective in lowering the chances of breast and colorectal cancer. Furthermore, the proanthocyanidins and the anthocyanins in it also help in inhibiting the growth of cancer cells.
- Helps in reducing cataracts: this is one of the best benefits of grapes, knowing that the cure for cataracts isn’t that much developed yet. The flavonoids in the grapes contain Which are beneficial in getting rid of the free radicals. These free radicals are the ones that cause the condition.
- Helps in boosting the immunity: the grapes are rich in vitamins, minerals, as well as flavonoids. Furthermore, the vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin K content of it is also beneficial in boosting the immunity.
- Helps in preventing macular degeneration: the fruit is beneficial in preventing various vision conditions that are related to aging, including macular degeneration, which affect the elderlies.
- Helps in preventing breast cancer: the grapes, specifically the concord grapes helps prevent the onset of breast cancer. It beneficially reduces the mammary tumor mass in an experiment professional conducted.
- Helps prevent heart condition: the fruit may help in increasing the levels of nitric oxide in the blood. This is beneficial in preventing the onset of a blood clot. Hence, grapes are great fruits in lowering the chances of heart attacks, as well as atherosclerosis.