In this article, we are going to discuss the possible amazing health benefits of celery seeds. Can these seeds be really beneficial for the overall health? Give this article a read to know. Worry less, because you will learn a lot from this article. So sit back, relax, and enjoy!
Celery Seeds: What is this?
Table of Contents
The celery seed is widely known as the apium graveolens. In the actual fact, it is a plant that is part of the Apiaceae plant family. Furthermore, it is commonly used as a vegetable. The origins of the celery seeds most probably trace back to the North African and Mediterranean areas. In today’s day and time, celery seed is an integral part of the Australian, Japanese, Irish, and American cuisine. Moreover, the plant is perfect for salads and soups, plus a garnish to various dishes. In spite of the high water content of it, the celery seed still possesses a lot of health benefits.
As a matter of fact, the celery seed has been valued as a medicine for thousands and thousands of years in various parts of the world. Nevertheless, it is not that popular in the western section of the world. In the Indian Ayurvedic medicine, they use the celery seed in treating flu, rheumatoid arthritis, poor digestion, water retention, and colds.
Furthermore, the celery seed is also a very flavorful and powerful spice that you may put in your salad. Not just that, you may also add it in curries and soups. The seed actually goes beyond its own culinary use as it has a lot of health benefits being an alternative medicine for those who suffer from gout. As well as the people who suffer from various diseases. Moreover, the celery seeds may be beneficial in relieving and preventing a lot of conditions like hypertension, high cholesterol, rheumatoid arthritis, and gout.
Just like all medicinal plants, the celery seed oils are mostly concentrated on the seed. This is what provides us with the strong medicinal effect. The celery seeds have several substances that work together in order to fight various common conditions, including gout.
Celery Seeds: How to use it?
The celery seeds may be taken naturally as dried seeds or even in fresh form. Nevertheless, it is not suggested that you eat the seed itself. This is because it tastes bitter and can be so hard to swallow. Not just that, the celery seed is also available as tablets and the suggested dosage is at 500 milligrams. Moreover, it may be taken in capsules that are filled with celery seed oil or in extracts.
Celery Seeds: Health Benefits
Here are some of the most staggering health benefits of celery seeds:
- Oozing with fiber. The celery seeds are an amazing source of fiber. The celery seeds have about 12 grams of fiber every 100 grams of it. The fiber, as we know, is a great digestive aid. Therefore, if you consume celery seeds, you are in fact, giving your gut more and more of what it really needs to do its own job.
- Rich in minerals. The celery seed is an astounding source of various daily minerals. This includes manganese, which is beneficial in the body ’s immune, digestive, reproductive, and neural system.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties. The sedanolide in the celery seed is its main chemical compound. This may be beneficial as a natural herb remedy in reducing various uncomfortable health situations. This particular natural method is actually beneficial in easing the joints and the discomfort in the muscles.
- Helps in curbing the chances of various serious conditions. The celery seed is beneficial in fighting high blood pressure. This is due to the high level of potassium in the celery seeds. In the actual fact, for every 100 grams of celery seed, there are 1400 milligrams of potassium in it.
- Helps in treating gout. The celery seed might be beneficial in reducing the symptoms of gout. This is because of the blood pressure level lowering capacity of the seeds. Not just that, it is also beneficial in protecting the liver and lowering the cholesterol levels.
Celery Seeds: The risks
If you are allergic to the celery seeds, it may be very dangerous for you to take it. It can be very dangerous for you, well, this is if it is not fatal enough to kill you. Moreover, pregnant women shouldn’t take it as well. Because it may stimulate the uterus and increase the chances of premature birth or even miscarriage. You should consult your doctor first before using celery seeds. This is for you to avoid any side effects of some other medications.
There is no doubt that the celery seeds are really amazing. Its effectiveness in treating various conditions and improving the overall health is very astounding. So if you want to improve your health, go try and add this to your diet!