People nowadays still attached to medicinal plants. They used these plants in treating different kinds of illnesses, which are rampant today. They believe that a lot of plants still gives benefits to the body. In fact, Wild Lettuce is a type of plant that is used to make medicine to treat numerous illnesses. People neglect this type of plant because they don’t really know what help it gives. Right here the following topics for you to enlighten about the health benefits of Wild Lettuce. Moreover, it also stated here the other information about Wild Lettuce for you to know and determine this type of plant.
What is Wild Lettuce?
Table of Contents
The wild lettuce is a type of leafy tall plant with small buds colored with yellow. It is closely related to domestic lettuce. Furthermore, it is extensively known as Rakutu-Karyumu, Laitue vireuse, Poisonous Lettuce, and Bitter Lettuce due to its bitter leaves. It is called Lactuca Virosa the Botanical name of Wild Lettuce. In which Lactuca is a Latin word for milky extract while the Virosa is the Latin word for toxic. The powerful milk latex is found in both stems and leaves of the wild lettuce. In which it is globally used in the 19th century as a substitute for the opium a type of latex.
There’s a lot of benefits of wild lettuce that is really good for the body. Wild lettuce is good for Pain reliever as well as reducing the stress. It is touted in the market as a natural treatment for numerous health problems. The sap, leaves, stem, and seed of wild lettuce plants offer help to treat a lot of illnesses.
Risk Factors of Wild Lettuce
Herb is good compared to drugs, which are contained of numerous chemicals. But we need to be responsible for any consumption we made. It is advisable to maintain the consumption of herbs. Because too much of it may affect the body. The small consumption of wild lettuce is safe. However,
- It has the tendency to suffer irritation once the milky latex of wild lettuce applies in the skin directly.
- It’s not clear to determine the impact of wild lettuce on pregnant women. Thus, it is advisable to avoid consumptions and usage of wild lettuce.
- Having an allergy to Compositae families such as daisies, ragweed, marigolds, chrysanthemums, and a lot more. There’s a tendency to suffer from severe allergic responses to wild lettuce.
- It’s advisable to avoid using wild lettuce when you have glaucoma and hyperplasia as it worsens those problems.
- It also recommends avoiding wild lettuce when you are already taking up (Central Nervous System) CNS Depressants medicines. In addition, avoid when you are medicated for anxiety problems.
How to use wild lettuce?
Wondering how you would be able to attain the benefits of wild lettuce? Here is some way to enjoy the benefits of this medicinal plant.
- The flower, stem, dried leaves of wild lettuce are used to make an herbal tea to treat different ailments.
- The latex of wild lettuce can be used to cure skin issues, and kill the germs directly in the skin.
- You can consume the leaves as food by boiling. But it gives a bit bitter taste like other varieties of lettuce but it is delicious.
Benefits of Wild Lettuce
The wild lettuce herb is extensively known due to its numerous healing qualities. It is also used for thousands of years as sedating and relaxing herbs. Here are the health benefits of wild lettuce.
- Aids to relieve pain – The wild lettuce contains an analgesic property which is identified as one of the best property to treat painkiller. Wild lettuce can solve the numerous issues in women during menstruation. It includes the joint pain, muscle pain, colic pain, muscle spasms, uterine cramps, and arthritic pain.
- Assists to soothe Anxiety and Stress – The Mild euphoric properties of Wild Lettuce has the ability to take good care of the nervous systems. It is used to soothe the anxiety and stress in the body.
- Helps treating headaches and migraines – A cup of Wild lettuce tea is good for the quickly getting rid of the headaches and migraines.
- Skin Care – The latex of wild lettuce is used to cure skin problems such as irritation and infections.
- The remedy for Insomnia – Sedative property of wild lettuce assists the insomnia attack. It has the ability to maintain the better night to sleep.
- Treats for Respiratory Concerns – Antitussive properties of Wild lettuce has the ability to cure annoying coughs and asthma. It is also effective to treat a bronchitis and whooping cough.
- Treats for Sexual Disorders – Wild lettuce has the ability to help the sex drive and holds back. It is commonly used to cure nymphomania in which it is the uncontrollable sex drive in women.
- Treats of PMS (premenstrual syndrome) – A cup of wild lettuce tea can helps to reduce the risk from PMS. It discharges the pain, uneasiness, and anxiety.
- Treats Urinary Tract Issues – Wild lettuce contains a natural diuretic property which is good to cure urinary tract infections.