Have you ever tried tasting a goat milk? It may sound weird but yeah, goat milk can be consumed. Even though it is not that popular, in the western part of the world, the goat milk is widely consumed in various regions. And, there is actually a reason for that. The milk is in the actual fact, rich in potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, calcium, and protein. It also has a huge amount of vitamins D, C, B2, and A. all of these nutrients are what make up the health benefits of goat milk. If you want to know more about these, feel free to give this article a read!
Goat Milk: Defined
As the name implies, the goat’s milk comes from goats. This milk is often getting a comparison to the often used cow’s milk. Well, since the goat’s milk comes mainly from goats, instead of the common source of milk, which is the cows, it may be much harder to get it in various parts of the world.
The amazing health benefits of goat milk, as well as the recent research in its positive effects on the body, have made it a very famous choice. Even if goats only produce approximately 2% of the world’s milk supply, it is much cheaper to process. This is since it does not require any homogenization, unlike the cow’s milk.
Moreover, there are some studies that recommend the goat milk must not be given to the very young children. This is mainly due to their own unique nutritional needs on their own developmental phases or stages. As we know, as we age, the chemical composition, as well as the impact of this particular milk on the body is in fact, preferable to the effects of the cow’s milk.
In an instance, those people who are suffering from lactose intolerance digest the goat milk way better than the cow’s milk because of its high levels of fatty acids. Moreover, the goat milk is usually processed into butter, cheese, yogurt, and ice cream. In fact, a lot of which are considered delicacies because of their high content of buttermilk and its rich consistency.
Though the prevalence of the cow’s milk will not possibly be going to fade even in the near future, it is very important to understand that there are various options out there. We’re not saying cow’s milk is bad, but if you want another milk to try, then turn to goat milk.
Nutritional Value of Goat Milk
Although it is not that popular in the Western part of the world, the goat milk is actually, one of the most widely used milk drink from some other parts of the world. And as I’ve said above, there is a reason for that –aside from it tastes good, the health benefits of goat milk are astoundingly amazing!
And these benefits are due to the nutrients that are in it. Speaking of which, here is the nutritional value of the goat milk:
|Nutrients||Amount||% Daily Value|
|Saturated fats||6.5 grams||33%|
|Vitamin A||483 IU||10%|
|Vitamin D||29.3 IU||7%|
|Vitamin C||3.2 milligrams||5%|
|Vitamin B2||0.3 milligrams||20%|
Health Benefits of Goat Milk
Here are some of the most interesting health benefits of goat milk:
- Environmental protection: because of the digestive process that cows undergo, they often suffer from extreme flatulence, that comes out in methane form. Methane is actually highly harsh to the environment. On the other hand, the goat milk does not cause any danger to the environment. When we consume goat milk, we are already protecting ourselves as well as the future generation from any dangerous effect of the climate change.
- Weight loss: even though the goat milk has more fatty acids than the cow’s milk, it has much lesser bad fat, thus making it beneficial to people who want to lose weight. This is without compromising on their own nutritional needs.
- Growth and development: there is an ample amount of protein in the goat milk. As we know, protein is one essential part of the growth and development of a person. This is since the proteins are the building blocks of the cells, bones, muscles, and tissues. Through ensuring the steady stream of protein, there’ll be a better protection for the metabolic processes and stimulate the growth and the overall health.
- Boosts immune system: the selenium content of goat milk is beneficial to the better functioning of the immune system. Thus protecting us against infections. This is one of the loved health benefits of goat milk.
- Protects heart health: the fatty acids in the goat milk are essential in the cholesterol balance. Because of this, this kind of milk is essential in preventing stroke, heart attack, atherosclerosis, and some other coronary complications.
- Builds stronger bones: we know that milk is essential for the bones. The goat milk is no exception, it has a comparable amount of calcium as the cow’s milk. Note, this is without any side effects.