Have you ever experienced having a hard time breathing? Do you also experience a recurrent dry cough? If yes, then you might be suffering from pulmonary fibrosis. Well, this is actually a condition wherein the fibrotic tissue gets thicker. If you want to know more about this condition, give this article a read. You will also get to know about the different treatments for pulmonary fibrosis. So what are you waiting for? Sit back, relax, and enjoy the read!
Pulmonary Fibrosis: What is this condition?
Table of Contents
The pulmonary fibrosis or what they also call as the scarring of the lungs is actually a respiratory condition, wherein the fibrotic tissue starts becoming thicker, and loses some of its normalcy and elasticity. Usually, the cooked food makes the internal organs shrink because of the fibrosis.
Moreover, the white fibrous tissues commonly contain collagen fibers. Although the fibrous tissue is important for the body, those that are created by the fibrotic diseases are being produced due to the inflammation and wounds. This particular scar tissue may expand into various organs in the body and cause some serious complications.
Furthermore, the fibrotic tissue that is due to pulmonary fibrosis may replace the air sacs that are in the lungs. This scar tissue may get thicker and cause some irreversible loss to the oxygen transferring capacity of the tissue.
Causes of Pulmonary Fibrosis
As what we have mentioned above, the pulmonary fibrosis may scar and thicken the tissue that surrounds and in between the air sacs in the lungs. This is what makes it more difficult for the oxygen to pass into the bloodstream. Moreover, the damage may be caused by a lot of factors, including long-term exposure to various toxins, medical conditions, medications, as well as radiation therapy.
- Bird and animal droppings
- Grain dust
- Coal dust
- Hard metal dust
- Asbestos fibers
- Silica dust
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Systemic lupus erythematous
- Mixed connective tissue disease
- Anti-inflammatory drugs
- Some antibiotics
- Heart medications
- Chemotherapy drugs
- The presence of an underlying lung condition
- Whether you use chemotherapy
- The total number of radiation that they administer
- How long was the exposure to radiation
There are also some factors that may contribute to the increase of the risk of pulmonary fibrosis, and they are as follows:
- Genetic factors
- Cancer treatments
- Certain occupations
Symptoms of Pulmonary Fibrosis
One reason for the pulmonary fibrosis getting misdiagnosed is because its symptoms may be similar to that of the symptoms of some other lung conditions. Most of those who have the condition develop the symptoms between the age of 50 to 70 years old. If you happen to experience the symptoms below, you should go and talk to your doctor right away!
- Aching of the joints and muscles
- Gradual unintentional weight loss
- Fast and shallow breathing
- Dry and hacking cough
- Shortness of breath, especially while exercising
Treatments for Pulmonary Fibrosis
Here are some of the most astounding treatments for pulmonary fibrosis:
- Organic germanium. The organic germanium capsules are beneficial in promoting the tissue oxygenation. Furthermore, it also help in the detoxification of the cells and treat obstinate afflictions. This is one of the most effective treatments for pulmonary fibrosis.
- Organic silicon. This is easily absorbed by the body, and is beneficial in repairing the collagen and helps in replenishing the silica reserves in the body. The collagen is what lines the lungs and the silica to repair it.
- This natural treatment for pulmonary fibrosis has a wide range of nutrients, which are essential for the body. You may also find seaweed capsules that may offer seaweed extract. This is beneficial in promoting the intercellular communication of the body.
- Hemp oil. This has an essential fatty acids on it. Moreover, it also helps in the restoration program of the body, which is beneficial in resolving the inflammation.
- Liquorice capsules. This is highly effective treatment for pulmonary fibrosis. It inhibits the overactive B cells for the immunity in order to stop the attack on the lungs. Moreover, it also promotes the production of naturally occurring steroid that are produced by the adrenal gland.
- This live cell nutritional yeast is beneficial in re-establishing cellular respiration. Additionally, it may also have some other effects on the body, including the improvement of the metabolic energy and the tissue oxygenation, improvement of the immune system’s T cell, and the facilitation of the detoxification of the cells in the liver.
- Colloidal silver. This is beneficial in healing the lungs. Furthermore, its main role is to eliminate viruses, bugs, or viruses, which aggravate the fibrosis. In addition, it also help in maintaining the condition.
Is Pulmonary Fibrosis Preventable?
Actually, the causes of pulmonary fibrosis stay obscure, thus making it hard to come up with a very solid plan to prevent the condition. The best ways to prevent the condition include the following:
- Wearing protective gear to reduce the exposure to toxins, and
- Quit smoking.
You may alleviate or prevent the pulmonary fibrosis through the use of the aforementioned treatments for the condition. With proper medications, you will get rid of this monstrous condition!