Individuals who work 8- 10 hours a day probably go home and feel weak and tired. What we do not know is that fatigue could affect our health and make us ill physically or mentally. There are also some conditions that may affect our overall performance, just like nervous weakness. This condition may affect the quality of our work, the things we do because our health is being disturbed. This article will tell you about the different causes, symptoms, and treatments for nervous weakness. If you want to know these and more, feel free to give this article a read.
What is Nervous Weakness?
Table of Contents
Nervous weakness is when we feel the loss of strengths in our muscles. This happens when we find it very difficult to move even though other people do the task very easily. This happens when a part our nervous system is damaged.
Causes of Nervous Weakness
Studies said that nervous weakness is caused by Autoimmune disorders such as Bacterial Infections and Viral Infections, Cancer, and Diabetes. Other studies said that it was caused by the drinking alcohol, side effects of taking Antibiotics and using prohibited drugs and other toxic substances. Patients who have been in accidents and traumatized could also suffer nervous weakness.
Having low nutrition, if the individual lacks the vitamins and minerals needed by the body and is practicing unhealthy balanced diet can make him prone to nervous weakness.
Symptoms of Nervous Weakness
The symptoms of nervous weakness vary to different patients depending on what part of the body is affecting the weakness. Others feel a sudden headache out of the blue and sometimes the level of pain is different from previous headache attacks.
According to some patients, they suffer weakness especially on their muscles when they do their everyday routines. And they experience to have a hard time performing their tasks.
Other patients experience Diplopia or Double Vision and others suddenly lost their sense of sight.
Natural Treatments for Nervous Weakness
- Oil Massage Regularly: Sesame oil and almond oil can be used to massage the body and help it relax. It also maintains the nervous system to healthy. The process can be done at home or go to a professional for better results. It can be done at night before you sleep or at least an hour before you take a bath.
- Salt on the Bath Water: Epsom salt is believed to help in relaxation and relieving stress. Epsom salt also helps with the muscle pain. Add a cup of Epsom salt to a warm bath water. Leave it for a few minutes before you take your bath. Do it for at least three weeks for better results.
- Herbs: Ashwagandha is known for its capabilities to restore and rejuvenate the body. Ashwagandha supplements are said to treat nervous weakness because it can help with the stress and anxieties we feel. Take the supplement after meals a within a month and wait for the results.
- Water: Rubbing a washcloth that is soaked in water is proven to be effective. Soaked the cloth in warm water and rub against your body. Alternate it and soak the cloth in cold water then rub it also on your body. The last rinse should be cold water then dress warmly so you won’t catch a cold. Do it every day for better results. The alternation between the cold and warm water are proven to minimize the muscle pain you feel.
- Sun Rays: Early walks under the morning sunlight give Vitamin D that is needed by the body. Lack of Vitamin D also causes nervous weakness.
Other Treatments for Nervous Weakness
Some other treatments for nervous weakness include:
- Eating foods that have Vitamin B, Magnesium, Omega-3 fatty acids can also help with problems encountered by the nervous system. Vitamin b can minimize the inflammation of the body because of the anti-inflammatory benefits it consists. Fish and vegetables are rich in Vitamins. You should add it to your diet.
- Drinking Chamomile tea and Green tea that has Honey after meals help to calm the nerves of the body. It is known for its sedative effects and it can also treat damaged nerves. Tea maintains the healthiness of the nervous system.
- Exercise is also proven to helpful and effective in patients having a nervous weakness. Yoga is very much recommended because it helps to keep the nerves of the body calm. It also maintains the circulation of blood and helps to make the spine and body muscle become strong.
- Other than Yoga, walking barefoot along the beach helps the nervous system to heal. According to studies, there are electrons from the surface of the earth that helps to maintain and lower the level of stress we experienced. It is recommended to walk at least 30 minutes daily.
- Doing deep breaths for 3 times in 10 minutes can make you relax and helps with the stress you feel.
If you are treating a nervous weakness it is recommended that you quit smoking, alcohol and prohibited drugs. Have at least 8 hours of sleep daily and have enough water needed by the body. It is also advised to have a healthy hobby like sports.