Do you think Calcium is important to the body? The answer is absolutely yes! Calcium plays an important role in the body. In fact, 99% of Calcium is widely present in the bones and teeth. While the 1% can be found in the muscles, blood, and the fluid inside the cells. Moreover, this proves that calcium is very important to support not only the bones but in many parts of the body. Treatments for Calcium Deficiency may help the health to maintain the proper absorption and ingesting of foods rich in calcium. A lot of foods offers calcium that sustains the body requirements.
What Is Calcium Deficiency?
Calcium Deficiency is a type of condition caused by insufficient consumption of calcium inside the body. Furthermore, it regularly happens because of the insufficient level consumption of calcium in eating regimen over a prolonged period of time. In fact, deficiency of Phosphorous, Vitamin D, and Magnesium, all of these may help the calcium absorption. Whereas, they can also lead to cause calcium deficiency. Calcium deficiency is composed of two type as it follows,
- Dietary Calcium Deficiency: This type of condition is resulting due to the insufficient consumption of calcium. In which may frequently lead to depleting the calcium, which is being stored in the bones. It may also cause the weakening, thinning the bones which are resulting in osteoporosis.
- Hypocalcemia: This type of condition is characterized due to the low calcium level in the blood. Moreover, it frequently occurs as one of the major impacts of medications. It includes the disease medical treatments for hypoparathyroidism or renal failure, and diuretics.
Hypocalcemia is not directly caused by the insufficient consumption of calcium in diet routines. Furthermore, this is due to the case of lack deficiency, the body is responsible for pulling the calcium directly in the bones. In which may keep the normal level of calcium to perform proper functions of the heart, brain, nerves, and muscles. Additionally, there’s a tendency to suffer from osteoporosis and thinning of the bones when the calcium stored in bones are not yet replaced.
Causes Of Calcium Deficiency
There are treatments for Calcium Deficiency once it is determining the signs and cause. Furthermore, numerous aspects that found to weaken calcium absorption as well as lowering the calcium levels runs in the blood. These factors include the following:
- Abnormal Parathyroid Function – caused by the autoimmune disease or the thyroid surgery
- Bariatric Surgery
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Dugs – a result due to the chemotherapy, proton pump inhibitors, as well as anti-seizure prescriptions.
- High Phosphorus Intake
- High Sodium Intake
- Magnesium Deficiency
- Vitamin D Deficiency
Symptoms of Calcium Deficiency
There are numerous symptoms for us to identify Calcium Deficiency. Moreover, symptoms can extensively range from nonexistent, severe or mild, and even life-threatening. Furthermore, the untreated chronic calcium deficiency may cause numerous severe complications, such as osteoporosis, rickets, and osteopenia. However, despite the fact that calcium deficiency may not be related to any signs. Particularly on, metabolic alterations or capacity functions have already befallen.
Right here are the different symptoms for you to identify the Calcium Deficiency in the body.
- Brittle nails
- Changing in Voice – as a result of the spasm of the larynx.
- Chest pains
- Chronic itching
- Coarse hair
- Difficulty swallowing
- Heart failure
- Irritability – anxiety, depression, personality changes, and the weakened intellectual capacity.
- Muscle cramps – primarily in the legs and back.
- Muscle weakness
- Osteoporosis symptoms
- Skin Dry
- Tingling and Numbness sensations nearby the fingers, mouth, as well as toes.
- Tingling or Numbness in the extremities
- Tooth decay
It is advisable to take blood testing if once you have found Calcium Deficiency in your body. Furthermore, proper consultation with your doctors is the best way to prevent and cure Calcium Deficiency. However, there are numerous treatments for Calcium Deficiency that is available at home.
Treatments For Calcium Deficiency
There is the easiest way for the treatments for Calcium Deficiency. Calcium Deficiency may prevent if you add more calcium in the daily food regimen. Furthermore, foods that are rich in calcium may definitely help the refuse the Calcium Deficiency. Additionally, consuming food and supplements may not be the way to prevent Calcium Deficiency. This also requires a proper balance of consumptions to avoid complications.
Calcium Carbonate is one of the major supplements with the highest amount of calcium with the inexpensive price. Moreover, the calcium citrate is one of the supplements which is easily absorbed. The Calcium phosphate may also easily absorbed and can’t lead to constipation.
It is advisable to ask the help of your doctors regarding the supplements you need to take.
Best Food Sources Rich in Calcium
Calcium Deficiency may avoid if the proper ingesting of foods with sufficient amount of calcium is one of the parts of the food regimen. Furthermore, this may enhance and sustain the body requirements of calcium.