Having a double chin can be humiliating for some people. Picture it: while your friends are laughing at your wacky group picture, you are feeling down because you’re focusing on your double chin. It’s not flattering. Of course, you want to get rid of this extra flab on your face, right? Don’t worry, there are a lot of ways to lose face fat.
You may be wondering what the fastest and easiest way is to get rid of extra weight around your face. Technically speaking, there is no way to lose fat in just a single part of your body. However, incorporating a few practical tips into your day-to-day routine may give you a much slimmer face.
Ways to Lose Face Fat: Facial Exercises
Table of Contents
Facial exercise can offer immense benefits. It’s important to note that there are about 43 muscles in the face that need to be toned in order to achieve a slimmed-down look. Still, you must always remember that there are other factors that aid in losing facial weight, primarily overall diet and exercise.
Here are some facial exercises you can try to help you lose that grumpy face fat:
- Facial massage: in this exercise, you just need to massage your face with a tablespoon of olive oil, or some other type of essential oil. For maximum effect, start by massaging your chin and move slowly up to your cheeks.
- Chewing gum: this method helps shed face fat by toning the cheeks and jaw muscles. You only need to chew gum for about 15 to 20 minutes twice every day.
- Cheek lift: try this exercise if you want to have firmer cheeks. This is effective in firming the cheek skin and getting rid of excess fats. Do this as often as you can.
- Cheek puff exercise: this helps tone cheek muscles, thus making your face look slimmer. You can do this as many times as you want throughout the day.
- Chin lift: this exercise helps get rid of the fat that causes a double chin by toning the muscles in the chin area.
- XO Exercise: in this exercise, you just need to say the letters ‘X’ and ‘O’ repeatedly. This effectively helps relax your face and improves the blood circulation.
- Facial yoga: this helps tone and detoxify facial muscles.
Ways to Lose Face Fat: Exercise
The facial exercises listed above only help to a certain point. Excess body fat can also make the face look more bloated. In order to tackle a double chin, you have to exercise. Do some walking or jogging in the early morning to shed body fat, which will eventually reduce facial fat.
Be sure to consult a trainer or physician to figure out how much daily exercise you need, as it depends on your job type, age, weight, medical history and diet. Physical exercise is vital for all of us, keeping us fit, attentive, confident and boosting our immune system and memory.
Ways to Lose Face Fat: Healthy Diet
Having regular exercise with no food in your stomach will actually get you nowhere. If you eat the proper amount of dietary fiber, proteins, fats and carbohydrates, then you will be able to lose weight. However, if you do not lead an active lifestyle, you must consume at least 1600 calories a day. Drastically lowering the intake of calories will make your body go into famine mode, which is where the body starts storing food as fat.
Ways to Lose Face Fat: Lifestyle
Here are some lifestyle changes you can try which may help you in your journey towards getting rid of face fat:
- Sleeping well: you must sleep up to seven hours every day. Your body and brain need to have ample rest in order to improve your immunity, lower oxygen radicals and help with weight loss. However, avoid oversleeping. Having a good sleep balance will make you look more beautiful!
- Drink water: consuming at least three liters of water flushes all the toxins out of the body. Furthermore, it helps you lose weight, makes your skin glow and improves immunity.
- Avoid alcohol: consuming alcohol may lead to continuous weight gain. While it is okay to partake occasionally, overdoing it can do more harm than good.
- Eat properly: avoid skipping meals. Having small portions or low-calorie foods helps with weight loss.
- Sleep early: go to sleep early and wake up early. This keeps you more alert, and gives you more time during your day to exercise!