Many discoveries have been made over the past few decades regarding herbal medicines. This time, I’m going to introduce an herbal fruit that has a lot of benefits. Noni juice is the fruit of an evergreen plant called noni, or Indian mulberry, found in global subtropics and tropics. Thousands of years ago, Pacific Islanders began disseminating Noni juice. Today, it is widely used, with many health experts testifying on its health benefits. Here are a few:
Noni Juice Contains:
● Vitamin B1 (thiamine)
● Vitamin B2 (riboflavin)
● Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid )
● Vitamin B6
● Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)
● Vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol) and Beta-carotene.
Contains Some Minerals Like:
● Contains antioxidant properties
● Fights cancer, diabetes and liver diseases
● Relieves arthritis
● Speeds up the healing of wounds
● Relieves muscle spasms and other pain
● Prevents cerebral ischemic stress
Noni Juice Can Solve:
● Low energy levels
● Signs of ageing
● Hair loss
Noni Juice for Weight Loss:
1. Before drinking Noni juice, consult a doctor to learn the possible side effects it may have on you. It just be a fruit derivative, but there are still allergens that can trigger you, so it’s best to be careful.
2. Purchase an organic noni juice from your local health food store or grocery. That way, you can get one without preservatives.
3. Drink 2 ounces of Noni juice per day to feel its antioxidant benefits. It’s better to drink 1 ounce in the morning and another in the evening.
4. You can also mix it with your favourite juice to add to the flavour.
5. Monitor your calorie intake per week. This way, the juice will effect you quicker.
6. Always eat healthy food so you can consume all the benefits of Noni juice.
7. Don’t forget to exercise regularly to burn those calories!
Preparing the Juice
You can prepare your very own noni juice, but remember to get the fruit before it is ripe. Wash it thoroughly and place it under the sun for 2-3 hours until the skin is translucent and the fruit smells quite bad. Put the fruit in a jar and place it in the sun for 6-8 weeks. This will cause the juice to ferment, after which you can strain the juice out of it.
Drinking herbal medicines or herbal plants is a great way to improve our health. Remember, our ancestors were able to live without the medicine we have today. Noni juice already has a reputation among health experts who testify to its great benefits.
Although the fruit is already popular for its juice, other parts of noni plants also have a history in Polynesian countries. They contain proxeronine, an anti-inflammatory enzyme that relieves menstrual pains.