As we all start to age, we start realising how important it is to maintain a good health and make it our top most priority rather than an indulgence. Ever wondered why? The easiest answer is that as advances and enhancements in medicine take place, our standard of life also begins to improve and with that, our lifespan is also affected.
The trick to this hinges on one small thing and that is our health. Living longer is definitely great but what will be so great about it if you do not have your health. The good news here is that it is not at all difficult to make the shifts that are required to enhance and maintain a good health.
The top health tips and tricks are as follows:
- Get plenty of peaceful, quality and restful sleep. The majority of the adults need a minimum of 7 to 8 hours of sleep but most of them feel more relaxed when they have slept for only 5 to 6 hours, while there are others who need 9. The number of hours that you give your body rest is very important but not as essential as the time at which you choose to go to bed. Remember that every hour of sleep that you have pre midnight is worth double than the ones that you have post it, you yourself will feel the difference, just try it!
- Drink a lot of clean water. Water is vital for the healthy operation of the bodies and is intimately involved with all the organs and processes in the body. Without water, the bodies are bound to be sluggish and slow down both inside and out. Make it your target to have 10 glasses of water a day.
- Eat your vegetables and fruits. You can be creative here, employ the use of variety and find a way to add these nutritional powerhouses into all your meals. Focus on the leafy and dark greens especially for your digestive system, heart health and for more energy.
- Engage yourself in some kind of exercise or nay movement based activity so that your heart gets all the pumping that is essential. Cardiovascular exercises and strength training of any kind is important in maintaining the health as it will keep your body fit, string and flexible to any challenges that comes your way. Ensure that you exercise for at least 30 minutes per day.
- Fill your fun quote per day to overflowing. Use all that fun as way to do something just for yourself, to cut back on stress and create more beautiful memories to keep yourself happy from inside and out.
It might seem like being healthy is a daunting task, however in reality it is just about being alive and leading a great lifestyle and making the most out of your days!
Make your heart feel alive and keeping yourself healthy and fit will just come to you naturally.