We all love chubby girls, but if the chubbiness is converting into fat storage, it is a problem. No one likes fat accumulation in their body. It makes them feel embarrassed and conscious. We always have to look at our best side before posing. Fat around our neck, leads to a double chin, due to which our skin loses its tightness.
But not anymore now, double chins are curable too. We have researched and brought some amazing ways for you. Here the best exercises to get rid of double chin. Check them out:-
What is a double chin?
A fleshy deposit of fat under the chin is called Double chin. It is a normal situation, where the submental fat gets accumulated beneath the chin and a crease of natural skin forms. Other factors which cause Double chin are-
- Age: – As the age increases, it results in loosening of the skin, which results in the accumulation of fat. With aging, collagen deposits get weaken, causing the fat to deposit in the neck area.
- Weight: When you are overweight, fat deposits in the skin causing it to lose its elasticity. Though Double chin is not always caused due to weight, it is one of the factors.
- Genes: Genes also play a major role in this. If there is a family history of a double chin or little elasticity with the skin. You are more likely to get the double chin.
Exercises to Reduce Double Chin:-
- Tongue exercise: This involves pressing your tongue to the upper side of your mouth and then to tilt your head back and forth, to remove the excess fat from your chin.
- Sit with your back straight and shoulders down, before starting this exercise.
- Hold one position for 5 seconds and then change it.
- Repeat it 5 times, with 3 sets in a day.
- Kiss the Ceiling: This is one of the most effective exercises. In this, your neck and chin gets stretched, which helps in reducing the fat.
- Sit with your back straight and look up to the ceiling.
- Try kissing the ceiling, by making pout face.
- You will feel the muscles tightening up around your neck.
- Hold the position for five seconds and then relax.
- Do 2 sets of this, with 15 repetitions.
- Ball Exercise: This helps in jaw pressing, resulting in the reduction of fat.
- Take a ball of 9-10 inches.
- Press it down your chin
- You will feel it a little difficult, but it is very effective
- Repeat it for 10-15 times.
- Neck Stretch: Stretching your neck gives you relief and also burn the fat.
- Sit with your back straight.
- Take your one hand and take it on the other side of your neck, resting the palm on the ear.
- Tilt your neck towards the shoulder, and press it down gently towards shoulder with your palm.
- Hold the position for 10 seconds and then do the same process with your other hand, tilting the neck to the other side.
- Say X-O: This is another exercise, which helps strengthen your jaw muscles hence reducing the double chin.
- You need to say X-O repeatedly, which stretches the muscles of your jaw, cheeks and neck.
- Do this exercise for at least 2 sets and repeat it 10 times.
- Pigeon Face: This involves the exercise of your jaw, with the fingers.
- Place your thumb, on the one side of the jaw, near to jawbone and from where it is very close to the ear.
- Then put the index finger of the same hand, in the opposite direction of the jaw.
- After both your thumb and index finger are placed properly. Hold your hand still, now move your neck forward, against the fingers.
- Hold the forward position for 20 seconds and repeat it 3 times.
- After every 20 seconds, release your hand, move your neck to the original position and relax.
- Reduce Sugar Intake
- Avoid junk food
- Eat healthy like- Avocado, olive oil
- Do not eat processed food
- Start eating in portions
- Consume more fat-burning food like oats, nuts, and eggs
- Substitute refined grains with whole grains.
Reducing double chin is a little difficult task. You need to exercise daily, take care of your diet, and Keep a track of your weight. Just a little approach from your side and you can lose that excess ugly looking fat from your face and look well maintained again.