Do you know that ‘ketogenic diet’ and ketogenic recipes are among the most Googled terms in the United States? The entire world is worried about weight gain but again food is something we cannot stay away from. Food habit is responsible for changing our body in a massive way. We take resolutions of sacrificing ice cream and sweets but at the end we keep don’t care about the expanding waistline when we eat the best desserts. So this new year why don’t you plan to eat tastily yet do not gain weight? There is a new term called keto, it’s pretty scientific. A lot of people do not know about it, its spreading fast and this article would be really helpful if you are looking for a new diet plan to lose weight without eating all boiled.
Ketosis – the fundamental
Table of Contents
It’s a natural state of the human body when it is entirely fueled by fats. This basically happens when you are on a low-carbohydrate diet or fasting. So, in simple words, a low-carb diet is known as the keto diet. It has certain advantages like better health performance and faster weight loss. ‘Ketones’ is the mother term which means tiny fuel molecules in the human body. This fuel is derived from the fat we consume and is used when there is a shortage of glucose supply in the body. First fat is converted into ketones inside the liver and then it swims into the bloodstream. Studies have proved that a keto diet gives faster weight loss and everybody is looking for a solution like this.
You might be eager to know how a keto diet looks like. It’s designed cutting down carbohydrate, almost reduced to 10% of the everyday diet which is about 20 grams of carbohydrate every day. Ketosis is so good because your brain gets an unlimited supply of energy and this reduces hunger. It has the power to control epilepsy without drugs; it’s beneficial in clearing acne, PCOS, brain cancer and other health conditions.
How many of you enjoy desserts in spite of focusing on weight loss? Probably no one can gorge on sweets and other similar dishes but there are some keto desserts are designed for the ones focusing on weight loss and everyone else. Following a keto lifestyle means you cannot eat sweets but there are a few recipes to satisfy your occasional cravings. The happiest thing about keto dessert is that you can eat brownies, cheesecakes, cookies, and all such sweet dishes.
Healthy Keto baking ingredients
When it comes to baking things the keto way, it is better to leave out sugar and also gluten, instead use the below mentioned low-carb and healthy ingredient:
- Coconut flour – It acts as a binding agent absorbing liquid, it has a tropical taste
- Almond flour – It adds a nutty taste, ample nutrition, volume, and consistency
- Eggs – It’s a great binding agent, filled with nutrition
- Psyllium husk (ground) – This binding agent has a lot of fiber
- Berries – Adds natural taste, sweetness, and color
- Natural sweeteners – Stevia and Erythritol are natural sweeteners
- Chocolate – Sugar-free chocolate, the dark ones are great
Keto Lemon Ice cream Dessert Recipes
Here is one fine recipe that you can enjoy ice cream while you are on a strict diet. Some cheat days are always fun. This recipe is best for the summers and your entire family would be happy to taste this creamy and fresh delight. The citrus flavor is just awesome and it’s totally sugar-free, it is an advantage because you can hardly imagine dessert without sugar.
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 ¾ cup whipping cream
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup of erythritol
- ¼ tbsp of yellow food color
Nutritional value per serving:
- Net carbohydrate – 4%
- Fiber – 0 g
- Protein – 7%
- Fat – 89%
- Kcal – 269
- Wash lemon in lukewarm water; grate the outer peel finely (also known as zest). Squeeze all the juice and keep aside.
- Keep the eggs separately, beat the egg whites and let it become stiff. In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks and natural sweetener to make it fluffy. Add a few drops of the yellow colouring agent and lemon juice. Fold the egg whites in the yolk mixture.
- Whip the cream in a big bowl and a soft peak will form, then add the egg to the cream and mix well.
- Pour the mixture in the ice-cream maker and freeze it. In case you do not have an ice-cream maker, pour mixture in a bowl, make sure the mix is consistent and let it freeze.
Your citrus flavour keto dessert is ready. In case you are willing to make a grapefruit flavour, use only one tbsp of juice for two servings of flavoured ice cream.