What all included in your makeup routine? Foundation, Face Mask, Cleanser, Concealer are the usual products everyone’s makeup kit has. But how do you choose them? Based on your skin tone? If you’re someone who considers all these products has to match your skin tone, you’re wrong! There are many other factors that you have to consider while purchasing any of these facial products, ignoring which can lead to many facial issues like acne, pigmentation, skin peeling, etc.
The best way to find a suitable product for your face is based on your skin type. Each skin type has its own requirements. Let’s dig in and find out.
There are several kinds of foundations in the market like liquid, powder, stick, mineral, tinted, Blemish Balm Cream, Color Correcting cream, etc. with different coverage options like Light, medium, and heavy.
- Powdered foundations are suitable for Oily skins with medium to full coverage as they are lightweight and do not make the skin more oily.
- As an opposite of oily skin, liquid type and light coverage foundations are suitable for dry skin types.
- Sensitive skins, as the name says, are the most delicate type and require special care. For this type, a light coverage of mineral-filled, fragrance-free foundations are ethical.
There are a lot of different types of masks available in the market. Peel-off masks, clay mask, sleep mask, sheet masks, bubble masks, and a lot more. It’s overwhelming to have so many options, but which one is suitable for your skin type? Let’s see:
- Dry skin: Sleep masks are the best for dry skin. These are hydrating and maintains the nourishment levels with its elements.
- Oily Skin: Clay mask or charcoal masks absorbs the excess oil, dirt from the pores. Regular use of these masks makes the skin shiny.
- Sensitive Skin: Sensitive skins have special needs as they often tend to blemish when they’re not taken care of. Sheet masks best for such as they don’t require hard peel off or show any adverse effects.
Many of the skin care specialists suggest making the cleanser as part as a Oily Skin as it cleanses the face and helps for healthy facial skin. But each skin type requires a different kind of cleanser. Let’s see what they are:
- Oily Skin: Light foaming, Gel based, Oil based cleaners are suitable for oily skin types as they are easy to remove the makeup and smoothen your skin
- Dry skin: Cream or lotion, Oil-based cleansers are useful for dry skin, as they maintain the moisture and tenderness in the face.
- Sensitive skin: Oil-based, Gel, and creamy cleansers are better for sensitive skin. However, one has to choose for low chemical options. Also, light foaming cleansers are useful in reducing the acne
Concealers are useful in improving the makeup by covering discolouration, dark spots, blemishes, etc. However, the chemical formulas used in the concealer can cause the damages and requires special care during selection. Let’s see what they are:
- Oily Skin: Liquid concealers that cover Light to full in shimmer and matte finish are useful for oily skin.
- Dry Skin: Dry skin requires medium to full coverage. Stick, and Cream concealers are better for dry skin.
- Sensitive Skin: Liquid, stick, or cream concealers are suitable for sensitive skin types, but they’ve to be matte or powdery finish with buildable coverage.
How much ever the products are expensive they don’t have to be suitable for you skin. Choosing the best product requires some research. So contact your dermatologist or skin care specialist for the best brand from the above types. Makeup has become one of the routines these days. Where it can’t be avoided, all we can do is to choose the products that are best for our skin to keep it healthy. So, next time when you go shopping, make sure to choose wisely!