The cotton candy grapes may sound a bit like some sort of science or circus lab instead of an addition to the plate, but I am telling you, the cotton candy grapes are natural and very nutritious. Not just that, it is also oozing with so many health benefits. Yes, you read it right, the health benefits of cotton candy grapes are also the real deal.
These tasty grapes actually boast so many health benefits and essential nutrients, that the regular grapes also possess. But this kind of grapes has its own twist! Each of its bites actually tastes like the sugary, hand-spun, soft cotton candy that you love. Of course, without calories, sugar, extra chemicals, and the guilt you don’t want.
Just like the normal grapes, the cotton candy grapes actually come with a lot of health benefits. In the actual fact, they are capable of keeping the blood sugar level stable, relieve inflammation, fight off bacteria and cancer cells, boost the brain function, and provide a concentrated dosage of antioxidants. Moreover, they are also low in calories content and is capable of offering a lot of essential nutrients beneficial for the health.
Keep on reading this article to know more about the cotton candy grapes!
Cotton Candy Grapes: What are these?
As a matter of fact, the cotton candy grapes are a natural kind of grape that has been bred to have the same taste as the cotton candy. Furthermore, they look the same as the normal varieties of grapes, which is juicy, plump, green, and completely seedless. Actually, the grape is hybrid of two different kinds of grapes -the Vitis vinifera and the Concord grape.
For that very same reason, the cotton candy grapes have the same nutritional values as the regular grapes and boast the same remarkable health benefits. This includes reduced inflammation, better brain function, and improved heart health.
Nevertheless, the real reason that people go to grocery stores in order to acquire this type of grapes is their unique flavor. In fact, the flavor of the cotton candy grapes is often described as of course, the cotton candy, but with no extra chemicals.
Furthermore, the cotton candy grapes may be a bit tricky if you want to buy it. This is because they are just available once every year, and are being produced by only one company. Nonetheless, they may be found in various major retailers and may be a great way to pack some extra nutrients into the diet while still giving satisfaction to the sweet tooth.
Nutritional Content of Cotton Candy Grapes
Since the cotton candy is a hybrid type, they share the very same nutritional profile as the regular grapes. Furthermore, they are also low in calories and high in vitamin C and K, together with the important micronutrients.
A cup of cotton candy grapes may contain the following essential nutrients:
|Principles||Amount||% Daily Value|
|Vitamin K||22 micrograms||28%|
|Vitamin C||16.3 milligrams||27%|
|Vitamin B6||0.1 milligrams||6%|
Health Benefits of Cotton Candy Grapes
Here are some of the most astounding health benefits of cotton candy grapes:
- May help in preventing cancer. This is probably one of the best health benefits of cotton candy grapes. This is due to the impressive capacity of the grapes to help in protecting against cancer. In fact, the grapes are rich in compounds like antioxidants and polyphenols. This may kill off and prevent the spread of the cancer cells.
- Helps in fighting bacteria. Studies show that the grape peel extract is essential in fighting off the harmful bacteria, which may cause disease and illness. The grapes contain various compounds essential to killing the dangerous strains of bacteria as well as some kinds of fungi.
- Helps in boosting the brain function. The grapes are oozing with flavonoids. These essential compounds may help in keeping the brain function properly and efficiently. Not just that, they are also capable of reducing the risk of various neurodegenerative disease. In particular, the anthocyanins may help in preventing the inflammation in the brain, as well as in reducing the oxidative stress that is caused by the formation of free radicals.
- Helps in alleviating inflammation. Chronic inflammation may contribute to various types of autoimmune conditions and chronic illnesses, like lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. Good thing, the cotton candy grapes has high levels of antioxidants essential for the reduction of inflammation in the body.
- Rich antioxidant properties. The antioxidants are actually compounds that are capable of fighting off the harmful free radicals and avert any damages to the cells. The antioxidants in the cotton candy grapes are oozing with antioxidant, which may neutralize the free radicals in the body, thus promoting the overall health.
- Helps regulate the blood sugar levels. The low glycemic index of the grapes is essential in regulating the body’s blood sugar levels.