Do you know what is estrogen? Do you know how important it is for the health? , How about, its effects on the health, do you know it? If your answer to these questions is yes, then you are good to go! Nevertheless, if your answer is no, it’s fine! That’s the reason why we put up this article. We want those who don’t know about estrogen to know and learn a lot about it. Aside from understanding more about it, we are also going to discuss the best estrogen rich foods that you must include in your diet. So if you want to learn new things about the estrogen, continue reading on to this article! I guarantee you, you will learn a lot!
According to the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the heart disease accounts for one in every four deaths in the country alone. The most common of all the forms of heart disease is the coronary artery disease. The undiagnosed coronary artery disease may lead to heart attack.
You might think that we are talking more about heart disease here, but I tell you, we’re not. There are lots of things that may cause the onset of the CAD. One of which is lacking with estrogen. In the actual fact, as a woman progresses into the menopausal stage, her own estrogen and progesterone levels start to decline. This particular decline is what elevates the risk of heart disease. Estrogen is very important because it increases the levels of good cholesterol and reduces the levels of bad cholesterol in the body. This particular hormone is also beneficial in relaxing the blood vessel, thus alleviating any risk of heart attack.
Estrogen: What is it? Why is it important?
An estrogen is actually a group of alike hormones, which are present in both sexes. In men, this is present in much lesser concentration than that of with women. This hormone is actually what’s responsible in making women behave as a real woman.
Moreover, this hormone also supervises the development of the female sexual characteristics and is being produced mainly by the ovaries. During the menstruation period and in between cycles, the estrogen is being released by the ovaries. These particular periods where the estrogen rises its levels are being alternated by the gradual fall in the levels thru a month.
Furthermore, the estrogen is an important hormone because of its numerous functions and roles in the body. Aside from regulating the menstrual cycles, it is also able to regulate the hair, skin, secondary sexual characteristics, bones, cardiovascular systems, urinary tract, and reproductive tract.
In order to ensure that the body gets the required estrogen, there are two ways that you can do. One is changing the lifestyle habits –control your stress as it may cause an imbalance in the levels of estrogen. Another is strength training, which helps in increasing the estrogen levels. The second one is increasing the estrogen levels through the consumption of the proper foods, which you will get to know below.
The Finest Estrogen Rich Foods
Here are some of the finest estrogen rich foods that you may take to increase your estrogen levels:
- Garlic. The rich isoflavones in garlic is essential in reducing the cholesterol levels in the body. It also helps in preventing cancer and heart diseases as it contains good amounts of estrogen.
- Red wine. The red wine has resveratrol in it, which is beneficial in increasing the levels of estrogen in the body. Not just that, it is also beneficial in reducing the risk of cardiovascular illnesses when taken in moderation.
- Strawberries. One of the fruits rich in estrogen is strawberry. It’s not just rich in phytoestrogens, it also possesses a lot of health benefits, which include healthy hair and skin, lower risk of obesity, an increase in the energy levels.
- Alfalfa sprouts. These are one of the best choices if you want to boost the levels of estrogen in the body. Aside from it is very low in carbs and calories, it is also good for the health.
- Peanuts. The phytoestrogens in the peanuts are beneficial in increasing the estrogen levels of the body.
Here are some other foods good in boosting the levels of estrogen:
- Pistachios. The highest amount of phytoestrogens are in pistachios. This is incomparable from any other nuts in the market.
- Tofu. Since tofu comes directly from the soy milk, it is beneficial in improving the levels of estrogen in the body.
- Soy. This is one of the best estrogen rich foods. It possesses phytoestrogens known as isoflavones. These affect the metabolism of estrogen in the body.
- Sesame seeds. The sesame seeds have good amounts of lignans –these are hormones, which helps in balancing the levels of estrogen in the body. Not just that, they are also rich in dietary fiber and various vitamins and minerals essential for the health.
- Flax seeds. These are considered as one of the best foods rich in estrogen. They are said to contain three times more estrogen than that of the soybeans. Aside from the fact that it contains estrogen, they are also rich in dietary fiber as well as omega 3 fatty acids, thus help in lowering the levels of cholesterol in the body.