Are you looking for a natural remedy that can help you in boosting your health and will help you look gorgeous at the same time? Then, have you ever tried the black radish for this particular purpose? If you haven’t tried it yet, then this is the time for you to give it a try. While the color of the black radish may seem to be not that much impressive, once you’ve known about its astounding health benefits, you will surely fall for it. Take note, the health benefits of black radish are all so enticing and are all for the betterment of the overall health. If you want to know more about this healthy root, feel free to give this article a try.
What is black Radish?
We know that radish is a plant that comes from the Brassica family, and even though it is most probably used for seasoning in cooking as well as in salads, radish is also useful as a medicine in various cultures all over the world. In fact, in India and some parts of Asia, they still use radish as medicine. But what is black radish really?
The black radish is actually the younger or the older sister of small red radish. Black radish has a distinct strong smell and bitter taste. It stimulates appetite, as well as in the folk medicine. In fact, it is often used as a treatment for various conditions with the gallbladder and the liver. However, it is also beneficial against various infections during the winter.
If there is someone that knows well and has appreciated the ingredients, as well as its effect on the body, are the ancient people. This is ever since the earliest times, black radish has been used as a treatment for constipation, tuberculosis, cough, bronchitis, as well as catarrh of the upper respiratory system.
Furthermore, the black radish is essential for women. Not only that, black radish also satisfies the need of a particular organism for ferments and minerals. Thus, it is beneficial for the rejuvenation. Additionally, it also helps in stimulating the period as well as increase the milk production of a breastfeeding mom.
When you make juice out of beets, carrots, and radishes, it can improve your blood count. Not only that, it can also purify the body. Moreover, black radish is also recommended as a supplement on winter season since it is beneficial I fighting off infections.
Why and How to use Black Radish?
You can munch black radish when it is freshly grated, you just need to mix it with lemon juice and oil, and voila, it’s a healthy salad already! But you must remember, do not put any salt on it, this will contract with the black radish. Furthermore, you may also eat black radish with honey, this is beneficial for constipation, problems in the liver, poor appetite, problems with the stomach, and so much more.
Another reason for you to use or consume black radish is that it helps in relieving the bloating as well as in urination. This is why it is a useful treatment for kidney and bladder illnesses. For this particular purpose, you must drink black radish juice every morning on an empty stomach as well as in the evening before you go to bed. In the case of bronchitis or a cough, black radish is beneficial in easing the expectoration.
Black radish is also beneficial as traditional medicine. This is since the vegetable has various vitamins and minerals, including magnesium, potassium, and sodium. As well as some other ingredients or components which contributes to its odor and taste.
Health Benefits of Black Radish
Here are some of the most astounding health benefits of black radish:
- Helps in preventing cancer: the antioxidant properties of black radish is beneficial in preventing cancer from developing. These antioxidants are the ones that check on the formation of free radicals in the cells and tissues. This is one of the best health benefits of black radish.
- Helps in controlling and regulating thyroid: the raphanin content of black radish is beneficial in regulating the secretion as well as the production of thyroid hormones. Thus it is helpful in preventing hypothyroidism.
- Helps increase the mental alertness: the magnesium and potassium content of black radish is beneficial in maintaining the chemical balance in the brain. Moreover, these two minerals are also beneficial in improving the mental concentration.
- Helps treat scurvy: the rich levels of vitamin C in black radish helps in treating scurvy. Not only that, it also makes the bones much stronger.
- Helps in improving digestion: black radish is beneficial in ensuring the maintenance of the PH levels in the stomach. Furthermore, its fiber content is also beneficial in easing the process of digestion.
- Helps in regulating cholesterol: black radish is beneficial in eliminating the fat accumulation. Thus reducing the cholesterol formation as well as indirectly reduce the risk of heart attack.
Undeniably, black radish is an astounding vegetable that boasts lots and lots of health benefits. So, if you want to be much healthier, try this amazing black radish.