Some people love peppers. They love adding it to various dishes and delicacies. Well, there is this one kind of pepper that might be a hit for pepper lovers. I am talking about the chipotle peppers. Have you heard, seen, or tried of this before? Actually, chipotle peppers are a kind of jalapeno pepper, which has a huge variety of health benefits. These health benefits of chipotle peppers include the prevention of various types of cancer, defend against intestinal conditions, clear up respiratory conditions, aid in losing weight, protect against heart conditions, help manage type 2 diabetes, and reduce the blood pressure levels. There is more to the chipotle peppers than meets the eye. Give this article a read and get to learn more about the chipotle pepper.
Chipotle Pepper: What is this?
The chipotle peppers are actually just normal jalapeno peppers, which are left on the plant ‘til they get mature and become bright red in color. After which, they are removed from the plant and smoke-dried for days. This process helps in eliminating all of the water weight inside of the pepper, which you may get from the regular jalapeno peppers. Furthermore, the drying process is what actually gives the chipotle pepper and powder a smoky flavor, which is a very popular ingredient in salsas, barbecue sauces, as well as some other Central American or Mexican dishes.
The chipotle pepper was mainly available in the Mexican markets, yet the widespread commercialization of the Mexican cuisine in the United State. As well as the other parts of the world, has significantly increased the obtainability of the chipotle peppers in some other parts of the world. Most frequently, the chipotle is present in adobo, stews, soups, sauces. Or as a spicy side dish to some other traditional Mexican dishes or cuisines.
Nutrition Facts of Chipotle Pepper
Most of the health benefits of chipotle pepper actually come from its ample source of vitamins, minerals, as well as some other nutritive contents, like dietary fiber, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, and capsaicin. Not just that, it is also oozing with potassium, vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin K, and vitamin A.
Health Benefits of Chipotle Peppers
Here are some of the health benefits of chipotle peppers:
- Aids in wound healing. The potassium content of the chipotle pepper is essential in acting as a vasodilator. This helps in reducing the blood pressure levels. Furthermore, it may also act as a stimulant for the cognitive function.
- Aids in bone Since it is a great magnesium and calcium source, it is essential in offering a strong prevention in bone deterioration. This is through the stimulation of the growth and repair.
- Aids in digestion. The chipotle pepper possesses high levels of fiber in it. This is greatly beneficial for the digestive system. Furthermore, the dietary fiber also adds a bulk to the bowel movements and help the food pass smoothly in the digestive tract, stimulate peristaltic motion, & increase the secretion of the digestive and bile juices.
- Helps in boosting the immunity. The chipotle pepper is a great source of vitamin C, just like a lot of vegetables and fruit. This natural antioxidant is essential in scavenging the free radicals from the body. As well as reduce the risk of contracting diseases.
- Aids in respiratory conditions. The capsaicin in the chipotle pepper is essential in inducing the mucus secretion, which may help in emptying the sinuses and airways. Not just that, it is also beneficial in removing the bacteria or irritants, which may cause sinus or respiratory conditions.
- Treats cardiovascular illnesses. The chipotle peppers are essential in the reduction of cardiovascular illnesses like stroke, heart attack, and atherosclerosis. They help in reducing cholesterol levels.
- Helps in preventing cancer. This is one of the best health benefits of chipotle peppers. The capsaicin in it is essential in reducing the spread of cancerous cells and metastasis. This is what makes it essential in preventing various types of cancer.
Caution in Chipotle Pepper Consumption
In spite of all of the impressive health benefits of chipotle peppers, it still has a serious amount of heat in it! That may exacerbate the preexisting gastrointestinal conditions like irritable bowel syndrome. Furthermore, the esophageal tissue may also become inflamed because of the capsaicin content. Nevertheless, if you are able to develop a tolerance for jalapeno peppers’ heat, they may be a great boost to the health.
The natural caution against the addition of something new to the diet is always so important. Specifically, if you are not familiar with what specific food type you are allergic to. Thus, make sure that you consult your doctor and see for yourself if what causes your allergic reactions.
Other than that, you can grab a glass of water or anything cold that may cool off your mouth. Enjoy this spicy, yet health-benefiting pepper! If you want to put your health in another level, try adding this to your diet!