People sometimes tend to buy and consume red apples more green ones. This is quite saddening, because the fact is green apples are very nutritious too. The saying “an apple a day keeps the doctor away” can apply to both! The health benefits of green apples, furthermore, are something to look out for as well.
As we know, apples are one of the most amazing and exotic fruits that nature has given us. These apples have lots and lots of essential nutrients, as well as vitamins should make up an essential part of the day-to-day diet of all people. One good kind of apple to add to your diet is the green apple, which tastes both sour and sweet at the same time.
Are green apples good for your health? Well, the answer yes, of course! Apples have long been recognized as one of the healthiest fruits. It is innately rich in a number of essential nutrients like fibers, minerals, vitamins and proteins, all of which are beneficial in offering relief from various digestive conditions. Apples are also very effective in reducing blood pressure and cholesterol levels, improving your appetite, and stabilizing the blood sugar levels.
What are Green Apples?
Apples are widely available in colors ranging from pink to yellow, red and green. There are some people that prefer red apples, but there are also some that favor the green variety, which is the healthiest of them all. In fact, many people around the world love green apples! Maybe this is due to its radiant skin and the uniquely sweet and sour flavour of its flesh.
Green apples are very special. This is because they are rich in essential nutrients such as proteins, fibers, vitamins and minerals. This is what makes it uniquely different from the majority of the apple family.
In fact, green apples may help with most digestive conditions, regulate blood sugar levels, promote appetite, control blood pressure and cleanse the digestive area. They are also rich in good cholesterol. These benefits of green apples are what makes them a very important addition to a healthy diet.
This amazing fruit is rich in iron, antioxidants, calcium, potassium and flavonoids, and eating it will help keep you fit and healthy. Additionally, green apples offer you a natural daily dose of vitamins C, K, and A, negating the need for supplements.
How Nutritious are Green Apples?
Green apples have all the necessary nutrients that are perfect for maintaining a balanced diet, including:
- Good amounts of phytochemicals and antioxidants
- Rich in minerals like iron, potassium, phosphorus, calcium and magnesium
- Zero cholesterol and fatty acids, which is beneficial for the heart
- Moderate levels of most of vitamins and a good level of vitamins C and A.
- Low levels of carbohydrates and calories, making it a good choice for weight loss
- High water content, which easily hydrates the body
- Zero artificial sugar content, ensuring you do not mismanage your diet.
Nutritional Facts of Green Apples
20 grams, or 1 serving, of a green apple may contain the following:
|Nutrient||Amount||% Daily Value|
|Total fat||0 gram||–|
|Net carbs||15 grams||–|
|Vitamins and minerals|
Health Benefits of Green Apples
Here are some of the most astounding health benefits of green apples:
- Make the bones stronger: green apple juice is rich in calcium content. This makes it essential in strengthening the teeth and bones to keep them healthy.
- Good for the vision: the vitamin A in the green apples possesses the potential to improve and strengthen vision.
- Beneficial for the lungs: studies suggest that regular consumption of green apples may help cut down the risk of asthma.
- Helps with losing weight: green apples are beneficial in restricting hunger pangs. It also improves your calorie burning potential, helping to achieve weight loss goals.
- Boosts the metabolic rate: green apples are oozing with manganese, potassium, iron and copper. All of these elements are beneficial in keeping you in a good shape. In fact, these nutrients are essential in boosting your metabolic rate.
- Prevents diabetes: green apples are beneficial in averting the onset of diabetes.
- Rich in antioxidant properties: the antioxidant levels of green apples are beneficial in rebuilding and rejuvenating cells, as well as for the maintenance of healthy, glowing skin.
- Prevents skin cancer: the vitamin C content of the fruit is essential for the prevention of damage free radicals can do to the skin.
Truly, red apples aren’t the only ones essential to the body. Green apples are also astoundingly amazing for the health!