Have you heard of the magnesium chloride before? Did you know that this comes from magnesium? Well, that’s an obvious thing! Nevertheless, did you know that adding magnesium chloride supplements in your diet or daily regimen may have a lot of excellent benefits too? As a matter of fact, there are a lot of health benefits of magnesium chloride, which are all for the betterment of the overall health. If you want to learn more about this, feel free to give this article a read!
What is Magnesium Chloride?
The MgCl2 or magnesium chloride, as stated earlier, is a form of magnesium that is usually sold in supplement form. We know that magnesium is a naturally occurring mineral in the body, which is an important component of the nerve and muscle function. Furthermore, it is important for the communication of a cell to another. Moreover, about 300 enzymes depend on it in order to activate. Not just that, it also helps in the production of RNA, DNA, and ATP, even proteins. In the actual fact, magnesium is fourth among the most common elements in the body. Most of the people typically obtain a sufficient amount of magnesium from the daily diet. Foods like whole grains, cashews, almonds, quinoa, and spinach are all good natural sources of magnesium.
There are lots of illnesses and conditions which may cause magnesium to leak from the body. This includes untreated diabetes, a bad diet, and alcoholism. Moreover, even the emotional stress or severe mental stress may cause the plummeting of the magnesium levels. Furthermore, older women, particularly, are prone to low magnesium levels as they grow older and may also experience bone deterioration.
The symptoms of magnesium deficiency may include involuntary twitching and muscle weakness, fatigue, anxiety, depression, insomnia, headaches, and seizures. The very severe deficiency may result in the glucose imbalance as well as some metabolic problems.
The magnesium chloride is actually the most common form of magnesium supplement. It is beneficial in treating magnesium deficiency in the body. Nevertheless, even though you already have healthy magnesium levels, there are still some other health benefits of magnesium chloride supplements.
Uses of Magnesium Chloride
The magnesium chloride is a mineral supplement that is used in the prevention and treating low levels of magnesium in the blood. As stated above, magnesium is so important for the cells’ normal functioning, heart, bones, muscles, and nerves. Typically, a well-balanced diet may provide the normal levels of magnesium in the blood. However, various situations cause the body to lose the magnesium much faster than you can change it from the diet. These particular situations include the treatment with the water pills, medical conditions, alcoholism, and having a poor diet.
Health Benefits of Magnesium Chloride
Here are some of the most amazing health benefits of magnesium chloride:
- Aids in the healthy pancreatic and kidney function. The low levels of magnesium in the blood may have a link on the risk of the increase in the mortality in both the chronic kidney disease patients and sufferers who are undergoing a dialysis. Furthermore, low level of magnesium may also lead to the increase in the risk of pancreatitis. Magnesium chloride is essential in the reduction of kidney toxicity and pancreatitis.
- Helps support the mitochondrial function. With no magnesium in the body, the cellular mitochondria might stop functioning. Magnesium is essential in assisting in the key mitochondrial functions. Without the magnesium in the body, the cells will not be able to provide enough power to the body and might be very vulnerable to the oxidative stress.
- Helps in reducing anxiety and depression. Magnesium is beneficial in treating various psychological and mood disorders. The low magnesium levels have a connection to the chronic high anxiety. Not just that, magnesium chloride is also beneficial in alleviating the symptoms of chronic fatigue, postpartum depression, premenstrual syndrome, and depression.
- Beneficial for the nerve and brain health. The magnesium is essential in supporting the recovery from neurological injury and disorders. Studies show that the supplement from magnesium chloride is essential in the improvement of the nerve regeneration and learning ability.
- Aids in cardiovascular health. Not only that magnesium chloride is important in the healthy electrical activity of the heart, but it is also necessary for the dilation of the blood vessel, clot prevention, and fat metabolism. Diets that are rich in magnesium is beneficial in lowering the chance of heart disease by about 30%.
Side Effects of Magnesium Chloride
Excessive levels of magnesium in the body may be as dangerous as having small amounts of it/ the high levels of magnesium may have a connection to the thyroid disorders, diarrhea, as well as the reduced bone mineralization. Furthermore, magnesium chloride may also cause stomach upset, vomiting and nausea, and GI distress. Furthermore, a tremendously high build-up of magnesium may also result in coma, lowered heartbeat, death, and trouble in breathing.