Nature is really amazing, and that is for a fact. It embraces all the creatures and helps provide all that we need. Furthermore, there is a very good reason why we need to call her our “Mother Nature. One reason is that, in nature, we find a number of natural ingredients, which may help us in leading a much healthier life. One of this natural ingredient is the Victoria plum. Well, if this is the first time that you hear this, don’t worry, this article will be your guide. This article will not only discuss some facts about it, the health benefits Victoria plums are also in here. So if you want to know these necessary facts, feel free to read on to this article.
Victoria plums: What is this?
The Victoria plum is one of the rarest variations of the English plum, which belongs to the group popular as Prunus Domestica. Moreover, the Victoria plum is in an oval shape and has a red blotchy skin and rough flesh in light yellow color. The seed of which is hard as stone, thus making it hard to separate from its flesh effortlessly. On the other hand, you may pull its skin off even without exerting too much force. Furthermore, its taste is very sweet when it gets ripe or mature.
As stated earlier, it is a rare type of egg plum. Even though this is the case, it has unique qualities that provide astounding protection against various illnesses, including cardiovascular illnesses, immunity conditions, bone issues, digestive conditions, and even cancer.
The best time to eat Victoria plum is when it is still raw or when added to various desserts, ice cream, puddings, etc. It is not only the taste that is awesome about this type of plum. It is also oozing with so many vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that are necessary for the body on a daily basis. Furthermore, since it has a low-calorie content, and has a negligible saturated fat, it is a good option for those who are conscious about calorie consumption or those people with sugar related conditions.
It is widely nurtured at a commercial scale in China, Japan, Europe, and in the United States. Furthermore, a number of cultivars of the plum are grown worldwide, which may differ in color, growth characteristics, and size. In general, each of these varieties may bear numerous and almost uniformly sized berries in the months of May to September.
Nutritional Values of Victoria Plums
One serving or about 100 grams of Victoria plum may contain the following:
|Nutrient||Amount||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||0 grams||–|
|Trans Fat||0 gram||–|
|Monounsaturated Fat||0 gram||–|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0 gram||–|
|Saturated Fat||0 gram||–|
|Total Carbohydrates||10 grams||–|
|Dietary Fiber||1 gram||–|
Uses of Victoria Plums
Here are some of the uses of Victoria plums:
- The dried plums may be a good addition to cakes, ice creams, muffins, etc. This may add additional flavor to these delicacies, just like some other dry fruits, including figs, apricots, and raisins.
- You can use them in various cuisines, either poached or baked.
- You may use it in preparing jellies, jams, desserts, and pies.
- The plum sections may be a good addition to salads.
Health Benefits of Victoria Plums
Here are some of the most astounding health benefits of Victoria plums:
- Helps in preventing cancer: studies show that the regular consumption of Victoria plum may help in preventing the growth of cancerous cells and reducing the risk of cancer. This is one of the best health benefits of Victoria plums.
- Helps in maintaining healthy eyes: the vitamin A content of the Victoria plums, as well as its zeaxanthin and beta-carotene, may help in making the eyes healthy. Not just that, it may also help in improving the vision, thus making it sharp.
- Keeps the heart healthy: the fluoride, potassium, and iron in Victoria plums may help in producing red blood cells in the bloodstream. Furthermore, it also helps in regulating the fluid density of the body.
- Helps in increasing the immunity: the vitamin C content of Victoria plums is beneficial in giving the immune system a boost. This is since the vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant.
- Stops the premature aging: the flavonoid antioxidant in the Victoria plums are beneficial in stopping the premature aging. Moreover, they are also beneficial in protecting the body from free radicals that cause premature aging.
- Helps boosting the digestive health: the rich dietary fiber in the plum is beneficial in improving the digestive system. Moreover, it also helps in facilitating the digestion.
- Speeds up the metabolism: the B vitamins in the Victoria plums are beneficial in making the metabolism faster. Thus avoiding the build-up of fats in the body.
Victoria plums truly are astounding not just in taste, but also in terms of improving the health.