Have you heard of the red light therapy before? This particular type of therapy is now getting more and more popular for people because of its trusted efficacy and unique benefits. The benefits of red light therapy are wide-ranging and are all for the patient’s betterment. If you are interested in know more about this high-end therapy, feel free to give this article a read.
Red Light Therapy: What is this?
The red light therapy is actually a laser therapy that is in low level. It intends to stimulate particular biological processes in the skin, including the blood flow, repair, and regeneration, among any other. Furthermore, this certain approach to the non-invasive healing is famous in both Western and Eastern medical practices. This makes it to a certain extent, rare.
In the regions of America and Europe, this particular type of therapy has a lot of names, including photonic stimulation, low-intensity light therapy, and photobiostimulation. Furthermore, in India, and various regions in Asia, red light therapy is popular as Colorpuncture. It focuses a narrow beam of a red light to enable to mimic the process of inserting an acupuncture needle on a particular part of the body. Although there are various concerns about the safety of this particular process, it is generally considered as a very safe process.
Furthermore, this type of therapy uses some certain wavelengths of light to be able to treat the skin with an aim of accomplishing a specific outcome. Studies show that the varying wavelengths may affect the body in various ways. Moreover, the most effective of this wavelength of red light may seem to be in the range of about 630 to 670 and 810 to 880.
Additionally, this particular therapy is beneficial in treating pain, strokes, arthritis, wounds, as well as inflammation. Furthermore, it may also be useful for the improvement of the mental and physical performance. Not just that, the red light therapy also has a lot of potentials in treating various health conditions. This is because it has the very small amount of side effects to the health.
Red Light Therapy: How does it work?
When a red LED light is shined on the skin, it will penetrate to about 10 millimeters. However, it should have a wavelength of about 620nm to 800nm. Not like the more dangerous ultraviolet radiation, which may cause sunburn and increase your risk of cancer, the red light therapy doesn’t have any harmful side effects on the skin or in the health.
In the actual fact, the red light therapy is considered to be an effective way of boosting the production of collagen in the body, reducing the inflammation, and stimulating the lymphatic system. Moreover, this particular process doesn’t really generate heat, and it does not damage any healthy cells. Rather, it has a positive effect on our nervous system, regenerative processes, as well as in the metabolism. Varying on the area of the body getting the exposure to the light, as well as the anticipated effects, the red light therapy session may last for about 10 to 45 minutes and you can repeat it once every week for about three months.
Benefits of Red Light Therapy
Here are some of the most astounding benefits of red light therapy:
- Helps manage fatigue and depression: the result of the use of this type of therapy on thyroid has shown to be remarkable. In fact, it resulted in an improved hormonal control all throughout the body, thus aiding in the management of moods and symptoms of depression.
- Aids in the skeletal health: the treatment is beneficial in repairing soft tissue and stimulate the collagen production in the joints. Thus improving the skeletal health and reducing the symptoms of arthritis.
- Treats hair loss: the therapy is beneficial in treating hair loss when you use it on the scalp. It may help in stimulating the blood circulation and bring a new life to the hair.
- Has anti-aging effects: the antioxidants processes in this type of therapy is beneficial in the reduction of the appearance of blemishes, age spots, and wrinkles. Thus helping you to look even younger.
- Helps in preventing cancer: this particular therapy is beneficial in reducing the impact of inflammation and oxidative stress, which may protect against the formation of cancer, specifically in the skin. This is one of the best benefits of red light therapy.
- Helps in improving the immunity: this therapy may help in kicking the lymphatic system in a much higher level. Thus clearing the skin of any toxins.
Side Effects of Red Light Therapy
There are just a few side effects of red light therapy. Here are the side effects that some people report of feeling:
- Burning sensation
If you happen to experience any of these, you may want to reduce your time being under the light. As well as inform your therapist on how you are feeling. Moreover, if you have an autoimmune disease, you are pregnant or have cancer, it is the best thing to avoid using this therapy.