All thanks to the delicious dip –guacamole, most probably, you are familiar with the avocado. Nevertheless, have you ever tried the avocado oil? Wait, did you even know that it is existing? As a matter of fact, the avocado oil is one of the highest-ranking oils here on Earth! In fact, studies suggest that the health benefits of avocado oil include the prevention of obesity, high triglyceride levels, high cholesterol, and the deterrence of the development of diabetes.
Moreover, the avocado oil has even received a status as a prescription drug in France. This is mainly because of the proven capability of it in countering the negative effects of arthritis. Well, this is just one of the so many reasons why you need to start stocking the avocado oil in your cupboard. I tell you, this is beneficial for both raw foods and cooking.
Avocado Oil: Why is it superior to some other oils?
The avocado oil comes mainly from the avocado fruit of, of course, the avocado tree. The avocado oil is hard-pressed from the plump, which surrounds the avocado pit. This is what makes it one of the small number of edible oils, which are not derived from the seed. The avocado pulp yields an oil that is rich in healthy fats. These healthy fats include essential fatty acids and oleic acid.
Oils just like the pumpkin seed oil and flaxseed oil are rich in nutrients, yet cannot be used for cooking. What’s more awesome about it is that the avocado oil is not just a superfood oil, which can be beneficial in raw foods, but it is also highly recommendable for cooking.
When you are using any oil for cooking, it is important that you consider the smoke point of the oil itself. Even the healthy oil like olive oil may become unhealthy when it extends the smoke point. When the oil reaches the smoke point, the oil structure starts to break down, the nutrients get lost, the flavor changes and the most dangerous part, the compounds may be created, which may damage the health.
The avocado oil has a high smoke point, thus making it a great choice in the kitchen each day of the week. Furthermore, the avocado oil also contain high levels of monounsaturated fat, which makes it a heart-nourishing replacement for various hazardous yet commonly expended oils.
Avocado Oil: Nutritional power + Its origin
The avocado comes from the avocado tree, which is a tree that’s native to the Western hemisphere from Mexico to the regions in the Andean. The avocado has yellowish or greenish flesh or pulp, with a buttery consistency. It possesses a very delightful, nutty flavor. Moreover, the avocados are rich in vitamin A, riboflavin, and thiamin. Not just that, in some varieties, its flesh actually contains over 25% of the unsaturated oil.
Dissimilar to most of the fruits rich in carbs, the avocados are distinctly high in healthy fats. Furthermore, the raw oil, which comes from the avocado is usually green in color and has a fatty, rich odor. If the oil is cultured, then it has this distinct yellow color and smells not that much strong.
A tablespoon of avocado oil has about 124 calories and about 14 grams of fat. This is equivalent to 21% of the daily value needs of fat. Even though that particular percentage of fat may seem to be high, 9.9 of which are healthy monounsaturated fat and 1.9 area healthy polyunsaturated fat. Avocados do not possess any cholesterol in it or even trans fat. Not just that, they are also rich I vitamin E.
Health Benefits of Avocado Oil
Here are some of the most astounding health benefits of avocado oil:
- Helps in boosting the nutrients absorption. Studies suggest that adding avocado oil in a meal may help in boosting the carotenoid absorption in food. Furthermore, dietary carotenoids also provide significant health benefits to the body by way of reducing the risk of the condition.
- Helps in improving heart health and lower cholesterol levels. The avocado oil has the capacity to lower the cholesterol level. Because it is high in monounsaturated oleic acid. This is what makes it beneficial as a choice in improving the heart health and lowering the cholesterol levels.
- Helps in treating psoriasis and other skin conditions. The avocado oil may play a vital role in the psoriasis diet plan. In fact, studies show that the avocado oil crème used in a 12-week test helps in improving the condition.
- Helps in improving the symptoms of arthritis. There is an extract in France known as ASU, which is made with the combination of soybean extracts and avocado oil. This has received a prescription drug status as a treatment for the symptoms of arthritis.
- Helps in lowering the levels of blood pressure. The avocado oil is a great choice if you’re searching for a natural way of lowering the blood pressure levels or to maintain a healthy blood pressure level. This is one of the best health benefits of avocado oil.