Mushrooms, as we know have been in consumption for over centuries, particularly as part of diet plans. They are promoted in the folklore and some Eastern medicine practices, including the Traditional Chinese Medicine. Furthermore, the ancient Egyptians actually considered the mushrooms, like the cremini mushrooms as a good food for the promotion of immortality. We’re all worthy of being an addition to diets that are fed to the royal leaders. Even up to this day, mushrooms are connected with various anti-aging effects, most especially because of their ability to fight cancer. Aside from it is beneficial in the prevention of cancer, there are a lot more health benefits of cremini mushroom.
The cremini mushrooms have common features with other mushrooms, like the white button mushroom. Well, this is not surprising already, as they are of the same family. Nevertheless, they are a bit different when it comes to their taste. Why? Well, this is because of their stage of maturity, which may affect the size and the color of the mushroom.
If you want to know more about the cremini mushroom, feel free to give this article a read. For sure, you will learn a lot from this article!
Cremini Mushroom: What is this?
The cremini mushroom is a small to medium-sized, brown colored mushroom that has a mild, earthy taste. Even though the button and cremini mushroom are a bit different, the cremini mushroom is smaller. Besides, some find it much richer and more appealing to the taste. Since lots and lots of research have now been unveiling the protective effects of adding mushroom in the diet, they now become more popular in grocery stores.
In the past few years, there has been a rising focus on the inclusion of mushrooms in the diet and prevention of cancer. Furthermore, the consumption of mushroom has also been found to have an association with the destruction or the slowed growth of cancerous cells. This is along with the reductions of the size of the tumor. Various studies suggest that when the cancer cells get an exposure to mushroom extracts, they experience a reduced capacity in forming blood vessels, which are needed in feeding cancerous tumors.
Moreover, the cremini mushroom is a great source of various essential vitamins and minerals. In addition to its antioxidant properties, which help in protecting the cells, and potassium, an electrolyte that some people are lacking.
Nutrition Facts of Cremini Mushroom
The cremini mushroom is a type of mushroom that is native to the grassland areas all over Europe and North America.
Some of the most astounding health benefits of cremini mushroom are because of the little-known amino acids in it. Also known as the ergothioneine. It also works the same as the antioxidants. One more surprising attribute of the mushrooms is that they are capable of providing a range of essential amino acids. Furthermore, the cremini mushroom also possesses the phytochemical known as the conjugated linoleic acid. Various research suggests having some anticancer properties. As well as further protection it may offer against atherosclerosis, high cholesterol levels, diabetes, high blood pressure, and other conditions.
As a matter of fact, a cup or about 72 grams of sliced, raw cremini mushroom contains the following essential nutrients:
|% Daily Values
Health Benefits of Cremini Mushroom
Here are some of the most astounding health benefits of cremini mushroom:
- Rich potassium content. One cup of cremini mushroom may provide about 10% of the daily potassium needs. This is essential in various cellular activities and helps in balancing the levels of some other minerals in the body. The consumption of cremini mushroom is one way of helping in the prevention of low potassium in the body.
- Helps in restoring the gut health. Since it is rich in antioxidants, and other essential nutrients like copper and selenium, the cremini mushroom has an effect on treating the leaky gut syndrome. As well as in the reduction of the inflammations and oxidative stress in the body.
- Helps in treating and preventing fatigue. Throughout the history, mushrooms have been valuable as tonics and treatments for fatigue, weakness, and low immunity. Furthermore, due to their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, they are essential in increasing the immunity against various common conditions, like flu and cold.
- Helps in protecting the cardiovascular health and reduce the risk of metabolic syndrome. The ergothioneine in the cremini mushroom is essential in protecting the cardiovascular health. This includes the healthier levels of cholesterol, protection against damaged blood vessels, and reduced inflammation.
- May help against cancer. This is probably the most special health benefits of cremini mushroom. This is mainly thanks to its conjugated linoleic acid that has a protective effect on the growth of the cancer cells.