Cervix as we know is the lowermost end of the uterus, which gives way to the vagina. This is where the inflammation takes place, thus causing cervicitis. The condition of having cervicitis is actually quite common. In fact, there are a lot of factors, which may contribute to the onset of it. These include allergies, physical irritations, chemical irritations, as well as various infections. This condition in particular is very sudden and needs attention immediately. Hence, having enough information as well as the treatments for cervicitis is very significant. This is not just to relieve the condition, but to also feel better and live a longer and stress & disease-free life.
- 🌼 FEEL FRESH AND FEMININE: Many women struggle with occasional or recurring vaginal infections. Boric acid naturally relieves and prevents vaginal discomfort. It is a holistic BV treatment for women and yeast infection treatment. Made in the USA.
- 🌼 RELIEVE & PREVENT DISCOMFORT: To relieve bad odor, itching, and pain during sex insert with a suppository applicator or finger one capsule in your vagina before bedtime for 7 days. Use a pad or a panty liner. For maintenance, use after sex and at the end of your period.
- 🌼 RESTORE YOUR NATURAL pH: When your vaginal pH drops below the normal range, you become vulnerable to bacterial vaginosis, yeast infections, vaginitis, and dryness. Our boric acid capsules with 600mg boric acid powder clear up the symptoms and restore your pH balance.
- 🌼 BOOST YOUR VAGINAL HEALTH: Boric acid is a natural compound, which is a safe and effective alternative to conventional treatments. Boric acid vaginal suppositories won’t make you bounce back and forth from yeast to BV. Feel good about your vagina and get your confidence back!
- 🌼 BUY WITH CONFIDENCE - Findings conducted by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) suggest that boric acid is a safe, alternative, economic option for women with recurrent and chronic symptoms of vaginitis. We confidently back our doctor-approved VeeCleanse with a hassle-free, 30-day money back guarantee. When it comes to women's health and well-being, we’ll do whatever it takes to prove VeeCleanse is the right product for you!
Cervicitis: What is this condition?
Table of Contents
The term cervicitis is used to describe the sudden inflammation of the cervix. As stated earlier, the cervix is the part of the uterus that opens up into the vagina. There are a lot of factors that may contribute to the onset of the condition. Furthermore, there are lots of women all over the world that have the condition. however, some don’t know that they have already been infected because they don’t see any symptoms of it.
The condition is actually very common. In actual fact, more than half of the women all over the world may develop this condition in their adult lives. The treatments for cervicitis may include surgery as well as antibiotics. If cervicitis is left untreated, this (infectious cervicitis) may progress to various complications related to giving birth, cervical cancer, spontaneous abortion, chronic pelvic pain, ectopic pregnancy, infertility, and pelvic inflammatory disease.
More commonly, cervicitis is because of various infections than non-infectious causes. Furthermore, there are also some more things that may cause it, like the following:
- Allergies to certain ingredients in some contraceptives
- Irritation and injury of the cervix
- History to some STD to sexually transmitted diseases
- Multiple sexual partners
- Introduction of sexual activity at a very young age
- Human papillomavirus infection
- Herpes virus infection
- HIV infection
- STD or sexually transmitted diseases
- Vaginal infections
- Overgrowth of bacteria in the vagina
- Hormonal imbalance
- Bacterial imbalance
More commonly, the condition has no signs or symptoms at all. In fact, you will just be able to know that you already have the condition when you have undergone some pelvic examination by your doctor. However, here are some of the most common signs and symptoms observed with those who have the condition:
- Abdominal pain, nausea, as well as fever (these happen when the infection has already spread through the organs)
- Abdominal or lower back pain, which sometimes can appear during sexual intercourse
- Burning sensation while urinating
- Spotting or bleeding after having sexual intercourse or even between periods
- Sudden pain while having sexual intercourse
- Irritation in the external genitals
- Itching of the vagina
- Vaginal bleeding
Cervicitis: Risk Factors
Here are some of the factors that may increase the risk of cervicitis:
- Local maneuvers: hysteroscopy, curettage, etc.
- Ectopic defects in the congenital areas
- Intrauterine device
- The use of internal buffers
- Local trauma secondary following the sexual contact
- Obstetric trauma, which occurs during birth
- Cervico-vaginal infections
- Having a history of sexually transmitted infections
- Having sexual contact at a very young age
- Unprotected sex
- Sex with multiple partners
- Having sex with someone who engages in some high-risk behaviors.
The condition may progress for years and can be complicated by the inflammation of some of the neighboring pelvic organs. The inflammation of the ligaments, which supports the pelvic organ and the uterus may cause menorrhagia, dyspareunia, dysmenorrhea, and abdominal pain. Cervicitis may also get complicated and may lead to salpingitis and chronic urinary tract infections.
The chronic inflammation of the cervix may lead to cervical stenosis, which may also lead to infertility. Furthermore, enduring irritation may also contribute to the onset of cervical cancer. the chronic cervicitis is actually not the cause of cancer, however, this may promote the appearance of it. Hence, the treatments for cervicitis may also be a good fighting agent for cervical cancer.
Treatments for Cervicitis
The treatments for cervicitis is actually a two-stage treatment. The first one actually consists of medical treatments, which are etiologic. This goal to get rid of the infection. On the other hand, the next stage is the use of the surgical procedure, this includes either of the following:
- Cervix amputation –this is the surgical removal of the cervix.
- Conization –this is the excision of a particular portion of the cervix mucosa.
- Loop excision –this is the removal of the modified area through electric current.
- Laser therapy –this is a modern technology in which the cells are vaporized, without causing any bad side effects.
- Cryotherapy –this is the method of destroying the pathological tissue by freezing, using liquid Freon, nitrogen, and carbon dioxide.
All of these may help in destroying and removing the tissues that have been modified. It is very important to take note that the symptoms of cervicitis may improve several days after having medical treatments. Moreover, this also does not coincide with the desertion of the tissue changes, thus completing the treatment is a must.