Are you having a high fever, coughing, wheezing, and sneezing at the same time? Then, there is a big possibility that you are suffering from pneumonia. This is an infection that does not only transmittable, it may also be a life-threatening condition. Furthermore, if you have children or elderly at home, you need to be more careful. However, there is no need for you to be anxious about this condition. Why? Because there are amazing home remedies for pneumonia that you can use to get rid of it. In this article, you will be provided with the proper knowledge about the symptoms, causes, types, and the home remedies for pneumonia. Hence, there is no need to worry too much about it.
Pneumonia: What is this condition?
Table of Contents
Pneumonia is actually a microbial infection, which may affect one or both of the lungs. This condition is very infectious and has the potential in making you very sick by inflaming the lungs. The lungs will be filled with phlegm or fluid. The most common to develop this illness are those with flu or cold since their lungs are in a weak state.
When you are suffering from pneumonia, one of the most frightening sensation could be the inability to breathe properly. Primarily, the reason for the condition is when the alveoli or the sac, on which the air exchanges has an inflammation.
The condition is classified into various types, based on what kind of germ caused it, and where & how it was acquired.
Pneumonia: What are the types of it?
Type of pneumonia based on germs
- Fungal pneumonia: this pneumonia is mainly because of a fungus that is usually found in the soil. This commonly affects those who have a weak immune system or who have chronic illnesses.
- Mycoplasma pneumonia: this is commonly because of Mycoplasma pneumonia.
- Viral pneumonia: this comes from the respiratory viruses. However, this isn’t a serious type of pneumonia.
- Bacterial pneumonia: this certain type of pneumonia is from either the legionella pneumophila, Chlamydopila pneumonia, and Streptococcus pneumonia.
Type of pneumonia basing on the acquiring location:
- Community-acquired pneumonia: this is pneumonia type, which is usually acquired in public places.
- Hospital-acquired pneumonia: as its name implies, this type of pneumonia may develop during a stay in the hospital.
Type of pneumonia basing on the method of acquiring:
- Ventilator-associated pneumonia: this type of pneumonia affects those who use a ventilator.
- Aspiration pneumonia: this pneumonia develops through inhaling bacteria from saliva, drinks, and foods.
Causes of Pneumonia
More often than not, pneumonia is because of various microbes. These microbes include fungi, bacteria, and viruses. If you happen to inhale in any of these via water, food, or air, there is a high risk that you will develop the condition. However, if you are already fighting with cold, flu, or some other medical conditions like diabetes or asthma, the chances of diminishing the condition are a lot higher. You must be very careful of yourself since it is in this time that your strength and immunity will be put to test. Make yourself stronger and fight the condition with all your might.
Pneumonia: What are its signs and symptoms?
The following are the most common symptoms that accompany pneumonia:
- Fever and chills
- Chest pain, which worsens while coughing
- There’s a difficulty in breathing
- Stints of coughing, which produces phlegm
The following are the symptoms of pneumonia that may depend on its cause:
- Bacterial Pneumonia: bluish lips and nails, and high fever
- Viral pneumonia: high fever and flu-like symptoms
The following are the symptoms of pneumonia that may depend on infants and adults:
- Infants: vomiting and body becomes weak
- Children below 5 years old: fast breathing
- Older people: drop the body temperature
Pneumonia is a condition that can be lethal, especially to those elderly and infants. Thus, it is necessary to cure it as soon as possible. If you don’t want to go to the doctor, then you can try the home remedies for pneumonia.
Home Remedies for Pneumonia
Here are some of the best home remedies for pneumonia:
Fenugreek seed. The powerful anti-inflammatory properties of the fenugreek seed help in relieving inflammation and some other symptoms of the condition.
Carrots. Since it is high in minerals, vitamins, and dietary fiber, it is essential for the health. also, it helps in getting rid of pneumonia, because it has antimicrobial and antioxidant properties.
Holy basil. The antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of the basil help in getting rid of pneumonia.
Ginger. The antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of ginger are capable of fighting the cause of pneumonia.
Turmeric. The curcumin compound in the turmeric is beneficial in exhibiting antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties, which may effectively get rid of the bacteria that cause pneumonia.
Garlic. The allicin compound in garlic is beneficial in exhibiting antifungal and antibacterial properties, which is beneficial in killing infections. Furthermore, it also helps in clearing the phlegm from the throat and lungs.