Have you ever tried putting lemon in your water? If yes, then you may have already benefited from its nutrients! If not, then now’s the time to start. Lemon water can help relieve gum disorders, canker sores, kidney stones, constipation, sore throat, scurvy, liver disease, stress, high blood pressure, poor skin and digestive issues. It can even lower your caloric intake and help with weight loss. Keep reading to learn more!
What is Lemon Water?
Lemon is one of the most popular and most versatile citrus fruits. Its popularity is owed to its refreshing flavor and scent, which is why it’s often used to make perfumes. Lemons are widely beneficial in all kinds of drinks, from juices to cocktails and teas.
Additionally, lemon juice is an effective way to lose weight, since it increases the body’s metabolic rate. For those looking to use lemon for its weight loss prowess, drinking lemon water every morning may produce amazing results. Lemon water is simply the juice of lemons mixed with water.
The ratio of lemon juice to water is all down to personal preference, and the drink can be served hot or cold. Some people choose to add lemon rind, mint leaf and other ingredients. Today, many people drink lemon water to improve their mood, boost their immune system, speed up their metabolism and increase their energy levels.
Nutritional Facts of Lemon Water
Lemon water is obviously derived from lemons, which are a great source of minerals and vitamins. It contains sugar, carbohydrates, protein and water. Lemons are a great source of vitamin C, and they also possess smaller amounts of different vitamins like vitamin E, folate, vitamin B6, niacin, riboflavin and thiamin.
Lemons contain several minerals, including zinc, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and iron. With all of these important nutrients, lemon water can be a great delivery system for a lot of health benefits!
Health Benefits of Lemon Water
Lemon water is beneficial for everyone except those who are allergic to lemons, obviously. Anyone trying to lead a healthier life should drink it, as it makes a great substitute for other sugar-rich carbonated drinks. Not only does lemon water hydrate our body, but it also helps with various bodily processes, such as digestion. Here are some of the most exceptional health benefits of lemon water:
- Helps detoxify the body. Lemon water is essential in cleansing the entire body by reducing toxins in the blood. The essential nutrients in the fruit promote the removal of waste materials and toxins.
- Helps balance pH levels. Drinking a glass of lemon water a day may help alkalize the body by balancing pH levels.
- Helps lower stress and blood pressure. This is one of the best health benefits of lemon water. Aside from lowering stress levels and blood pressure, drinking lemon water can help relax the body.
- Possesses anti-carcinogenic properties. Drinking lemon water may help prevent cancer. Studies show that lemons have anti-tumor properties.
- Helps relieve swollen gum pain. Consuming lemon water is essential in relieving the pain that comes with swollen gums.
- Helps relieve canker sores. Rinsing the mouth with lemon water may help provide relief from painful canker sores.
- Helps boost immunity. Lemon water is a great source of citrus phytonutrients, vitamin C and bioflavonoids, all of which help strengthen the immune system. Not only that, but it can also increase energy levels due to its vitamins and minerals.
- Helps relieve constipation. Lemon water is essential in treating constipation. Drink some every morning and get the relief you need from constipation.
There is no denying that lemon water may really help boost the health. Nevertheless, you need to be cautious in consuming it. Make sure that you are not allergic to lemons!