Firstly, this article is strictly for adults. Therefore, if you’re a minor, back off and look for something else to read –this article is not for you.in this article, we are going to talk about the health benefits of sex. You might be wondering, yes, you read it right, sex has its very own list of amazing health benefits. As a matter of fact, it is essential in making your skin complexion clear, boost the mood, as well as cut the risk of various health conditions, including heart disease, and even cancer. Well, if you are interested in getting to know more about these and more, feel free to give this article a read.
Sex: A significant factor in life
Sex, as well as sexuality, is an important part of one’s life. Apart from the reproduction, sex may also be about pleasure and intimacy. Masturbation. PVI or penile-vaginal intercourse, or sexual activity, can actually offer a lot of astonishing benefits to all the aspects of life, including:
Furthermore, the sexual health status is more than just avoiding conditions and unwanted or unintentional pregnancies. In the actual fact, it is also about the recognition that sex may be an essential part of life.
Sex: How can it benefit the body?
One study actually submits that sex may be a great cardiovascular workout in younger women and men. Nevertheless, sex is not an adequate workout on its own, it may just be considered as a light workout.
Some health benefits of sex include:
- Increasing the libido
- Reducing the risk of hypertension, heart disease, and stroke
- Makes the muscles stronger
- Increasing the heart health
- Burns calories
- Lowers the blood pressure
Moreover, people who have vigorous sex lives has the tendency to work out more often and have much better dietary practices than people who are lesser active. Furthermore, physical fitness can also help in improving the overall sexual performance. We will be discussing some other sex benefits later in this article, so keep on scrolling.
Sex: How does it benefit all genders?
In women, having an orgasm helps in increasing the blood flow and help in releasing natural pain-relieving chemicals.
As a matter of fact, sexual activity in women can:
- Potentially protect against endometriosis
- Help in reducing more vaginal lubrication
- Build much stronger pelvic muscles
- Improve the fertility
- Relieve menstrual and premenstrual cramps
- Reduce incontinence
- Improve the bladder control
Furthermore, sex may also help in making the pelvic floor stronger. Mind you, a strong pelvic floor may also help in offering some other benefits like the reduced chance of vaginal prolapse and less pain during sex.
Women who keep on being sexually active after the menopausal stage are less possible to experience vaginal atrophy, or the thinning of the vaginal walls. Vaginal atrophy may cause pain during sex, as well as some urinary symptoms.
One recent study suggests that those men who have more PVI or penile-vaginal intercourse had a much lesser the risk of having prostate cancer.
Furthermore, one study also found out that men who are in an average of 4.6-7 times of ejaculations every week were at about 36% less probable suffer from prostate cancer before 70 years old. This is compared to those who only ejaculate in an average of 2.3 / lesser times every week.
In the case of men, doing sex may also affect the mortality. A particular study actually, which had about 10 years of follow-up, reports that those who had regular orgasms had about 50% lower risk of mortality than those who experienced a less frequent orgasm.
Even though the results are a bit conflicting, the health and the quality of the sperm may upsurge with the sexual activity, based on the suggestions of some researches.
Health Benefits of Sex
Most people have sex just because it is a satisfying experience. Nevertheless, there are even more reasons for you to continue that pleasurable activity. In the actual fact, sex can do a lot of wonders for the overall well-being and health.
Here are some of the most interesting health benefits of sex:
- Aids in body awareness. With regular sex, you can take care of your body properly. To be able for you to look pleasing, you tend to stay fit and in good shape. Not just that, sexual intercourse also helps in burning almost 100-200 calories every thirty minutes.
- Helps in increasing the lifespan. Based on some medical reports, 2-3 orgasms per week may actually increase the lifespan. The DHEA hormone acts as an antidepressant, thus improving the immunity levels in the body. Furthermore, it also helps in repairing the tissue damage and improve the complexion and the skin.
- Helps in relieving stress. Various studies prove that those who indulge in healthy, safe sex are much happier, more stress-free, and more relaxed than the others who are actually deprived of enough sex in their own lives.
- Helps in improving blood circulation. The sexual arousal may actually help in increasing the blood flow to the brain at a much quicker rate. The increased heart rate and a great blood supply to the brain may result in superior brain functioning. This particular healthy blood flow may help in generating more amount of oxygen and the body also helps in ridding the toxic wastes.
- Helps in reducing headache. Sex may help in relieving pain. During a sexual activity, the oxytocin hormone is produced by the body. This particular secretion may lead to the release of endorphins, which are essential in eliminating the nagging headaches, body aches, and stomach cramps.